Good masses in or around Fayetteville, NC?

My husband is looking at a job in Fayetteville, NC. We will be driving up there this weekend to look around.

I am aware that there is a church in Dunn that offers the TLM/EF along with the NO/OF, and that this town is within reasonable commuting distance.

However, we are unsure of Fayetteville proper, or one of the other towns outside of it, such as Southern Pines.

We don’t necessarily need a TLM/EF. We just want a good orthodox parish with sacred music.

Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. You may PM me if you prefer.

I was at one time a seminarian for the Diocese of Raleigh. I know the Parochial Vicar there at St. Patrick’s, Fr. Tony DeCandia (he was a seminarian the same time I was). He is a very holy and devout priest. I am sure that you won’t be disappointed with the Masses he celebrates. As for Pastor, I had met him a few times, but I don’t know him very well, so I can’t say one way or the other.

Good luck and God Bless!

There are 3 Roman Catholic parishes in Fayetteville, with very different styles of worship. They are St. Patrick’s (closer to Ft Bragg, large parish), St. Ann’s (historic district, larger African American community within the parish), and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton(other side of town, closer to Ramsey St).
There is also a small parish, very orthodox in its teachings, St. Michael the Archangel Maronite Catholic Church. Though the church and liturgy are Maronite (Lebanese Catholic), the majority of parishioners were raised Roman Catholic. It’s near the Museum of the Cape Fear and is my favorite of the bunch :). Not sure how familiar you are with Maronites, but the Church is the Catholicism of Lebanon and in full communion with Rome. Any Roman Catholic can attend the Liturgy at a Maronite or other Eastern Catholic church and receive Communion or go to Confession as they would at any Roman Catholic parish. It is also fine to join a Maronite parish as a Roman Catholic.
The church in Dunn is small, beautiful, and reverent. It’s a 20-40 minute commute from Fayetteville depending where exactly you reside.

I have also become aware of a church in Hope Mills, NC, very close to Fayetteville. This parish is Good Shepherd Catholic Church.
Good luck with the job possibility and move!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.