Good News: Father Robert Barron (wordonfire.org) gets national tv show on WGN

I was very excited to see this and wanted to pass it along. Tell everyone so it gets good ratings and stays on.

wordonfire.org/WoF-Blog/WoF-Blog.aspx

I personally have found his website awesome, having downloaded his homilies to listent to in the car. Starting at the oldest, I can’t recommend the Lent 2005 sermons (particularly on the lady at the well, blind man and Lazerous story) highly enough. I wish every Catholic could hear and meditate on them (and which I had heard sermons like this in the past).

I am also an admirer of Father Barron. His YouTube insight and commentaries are awesome.

Sounds great!

Will definitely have to tune in!

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

Watching the trailer for the Catholicism Project gives me goosebumps. I can’t wait for that to come out next fall.

Thanks for the heads up.

We got to see an early screening of volume 1 of the Catholicism Project. It was wonderful. Can’t wait to see the rest of them.

[quote="regression, post:5, topic:212574"]
Thanks for the heads up.

We got to see an early screening of volume 1 of the Catholicism Project. It was wonderful. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

[/quote]

When are they due to release?

Last I heard is Fall 2010, so hopefully very soon!

“Word on Fire with Father Barron” starts Oct 3,2010 and will continue each Sunday at 8:30 a.m. Central, on WGN - (Dish channel 239).

Yep, and if you live in the Chicago area, WGN will broadcast the show at 9:30 am each Sunday.

Here is the press release:
prweb.com/releases/2010/09/prweb4490734.htm

This is a groundbreaking broadcast. Fr. Barron will become the first priest since Archbishop Fulton Sheen in the 1950s to have a regular, national program on a commercial television network. Barron is a professor at University of St. Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary and is one of the world’s most innovative teachers of Catholicism. His global media ministry called “Word on Fire” has a simple but revolutionary mission - to educate and engage the culture.

For the past two years, Barron has been producing a ten-part documentary series called “Catholicism”, journeying to 16 countries to tell the story of the Church. The release is set for next year, but Father Barron will preview some highlights of the series in his weekly broadcasts.

The program is being funded with private donations.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.