Good Place to Buy a Quality 4 Chained Thurible

The title says it all. Any ideas on where to get a quality thurible without breaking the bank?

[quote="superamazingman, post:1, topic:307528"]
The title says it all. Any ideas on where to get a quality thurible without breaking the bank?

[/quote]

Try sourcing from other countries like South America or the Philippines. Although I don't have specific suppliers I can share to you, but I know that it can be in fact cheaper.

autom.com/category.jsp?path=-1|304477|304489&id=304708&start=25&results=12&sort=products

Forgot to mention, we’d love something that is beautiful, not merely functional…

I rather like this one!

autom.com/autom/Church-Supplies_304489/Censers_304708/Item_Botafumeiro-Censer_1151175.htm

Monastery Icons has a brass 4 chain and a silver plated, the same for $99.

Beware of the really inexpensive thuribles from Autom and Monastery Icons (which is owned by a non-Christian cult). These look nice but are usually made from thin-walled, stamped brass. They are lightly lacquered and usually turn dark with heat rather quickly. They are too light in weight to swing properly. If you want a quality thurible, you'll have to be willing to pay for it. If you ever go to Rome, there are very nice ones there for less than American church supply catalogs sell them for.

[quote="superamazingman, post:5, topic:307528"]
I rather like this one!

autom.com/autom/Church-Supplies_304489/Censers_304708/Item_Botafumeiro-Censer_1151175.htm

[/quote]

If what Cavaille says is right, you might be better off getting something used from Ebay. If you buy something that is lacquered, you can soak it in a mix of nail polish remover and Windex in a small bucket to remove the lacquer. I recommend this because it looks much better and it makes it easier to clean. It also will not burn as badly.

[quote="Cavaille-Coll, post:7, topic:307528"]
Beware of the really inexpensive thuribles from Autom and Monastery Icons (which is owned by a non-Christian cult). These look nice but are usually made from thin-walled, stamped brass. They are lightly lacquered and usually turn dark with heat rather quickly. They are too light in weight to swing properly.

[/quote]

I was wondering about that.

Sale:
istok.net/censers/

A quality thurible is going to cost you about $500.00 (used) more or less. As mention by another poster, there are several for sale on Ebay. One of the reliable sellers is "Liturgy". They also go by the name of "Creative Urns". If you can get to their store look on their page 5 or 6.
God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.