Good place to Meet Catholic women

My last relationships have lacked something, that something being a spiritual connection. I find it hard to meet single Catholic women. My local parish is not very big and does not have a lot of girls my age. I am curious if anyone can suggest good places to meet Catholics. I would love to try to do some retreats or classes but my work schedule keeps me out of town on weekends. Hence I hardly even attend my home parish for weekly Mass. Any other ideas out there?

Have you thought about online dating? Catholic websites are always plastered with adds for various Catholic dating websites. I also found my devoutly Catholic husband on eHarmony so there's definitely some there too! Talking with people online might be a good idea if you aren't around enough to go and meet people in person.
Good luck in your search!

[quote="descout, post:1, topic:214886"]
My last relationships have lacked something, that something being a spiritual connection. I find it hard to meet single Catholic women. My local parish is not very big and does not have a lot of girls my age. I am curious if anyone can suggest good places to meet Catholics. I would love to try to do some retreats or classes but my work schedule keeps me out of town on weekends. Hence I hardly even attend my home parish for weekly Mass. Any other ideas out there?

[/quote]

I met my wife at a Latin mass parish (in full communion with Rome). Perhaps try other parishes, or a national conference like the SACRED, BEAUTIFUL, & UNIVERSAL Colloquium; you could kill two birds with one stone by learning Gregorian chant, too. A good Catholic girl would love that. :)

I met my wife in a bar. :thumbsup:

She knew I wasn't the average loser when I showed up at 8:00 mass the next morning (where she was cantering).

We dated 3 years and have been married 16 years now.

Her brother met his wife in the same bar 4 years earlier.

There is this option if one is in your area: caci.org/

Also, you might want to check out if your Diocese offers any programs for singles, such as Theology on Tap.

It is tough in smaller areas - but try to start a program like Theology on Tap or CYAC if you don't have one - it may take time - but it could be what God is calling you to do and will get you a real close knit group of friends from working on a project together - even if it involves a few parishes.

[quote="descout, post:1, topic:214886"]

[/quote]

Keep an eye out for the National Catholic Singles Conferences:

nationalcatholicsingles.com

It is a very orthodox group, and they don't push the "single vocaton" nor do they go into auto-pilot responses such as "you need to be happy alone first".

Let me know where the Catholic men hang out! I see them at Church but don`t know where they go afterward!

If you have Theology on Tap in your area I really recommend it. If you don`t have it, maybe you can help get it started. I have gone to some, and social reasons aside, it is always a really beneficial experience.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

I've meet two incredibly beautiful, holy women on catholicmatch.com (and plenty of other women that I had no connection with). It's worth a shot if you have some disposable income.

You may have to take matters into your own hands.

I remember seeing an announcement for a Catholic singles group in my church bulletin, for a mass followed by dinner at a local restaurant. Someone was the organizer who was in charge of making the reservation. I called, told them I was coming, and showed up. So did my future wife, on the very first meeting.

Now, we did not get married right away :) So anyway, eventually the members of the group did other things (people moved on, whatever), so I and a few others basically started our own group.

My advice? Fortune favors the bold. No luck meeting Catholic women? Send an email to 10 parish bulletins advertising a Saturday 5pm mass followed by Dinner at some decent local restaurant. Specify some basic age range (25-45?) The parishes will likely print the announcement (check first). It's a bit of work -- but so what? People do read the bulletins, and nice people people do show up for things like this. If nothing else, you will meet some pretty nice people, regardless of whether you meet "the one" at any given time. Plus, under the theory that this is what you are there for, you will win major points for having the wherewithall to organize the event(s) in the first place.

The amusing thing is when you do this and get 12 men & 2 women...then 2 weeks later you do it again and get the reverse.

-VdT

[quote="Maria1212, post:8, topic:214886"]
Let me know where the Catholic men hang out! I see them at Church but don`t know where they go afterward!

[/quote]

Please see my post about the bars.

During the week you'll find the really good ones at work.

[quote="SamH, post:4, topic:214886"]
I met my wife in a bar. :thumbsup:

She knew I wasn't the average loser when I showed up at 8:00 mass the next morning (where she was cantering).

We dated 3 years and have been married 16 years now.

Her brother met his wife in the same bar 4 years earlier.

[/quote]

Wow--what a cool story. My parents actually met in a bar too. I guess I need to get out more.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

may I ask what state you are from or what part of the country?

Many states have Catholic Underground:
catholicunderground.net/

You may also have Theology on Tap in your area - depending on the speakers they bring / the organizer it may or may not attract orthodox Catholic young adults. You’ll have to try it out and see.

And as always, I have yet to meet a young man/woman volunteering in the pro-life realm (crises pregnancy ctr., sidewalk counseling, ect.) that don’t take the faith seriously.

If you're willing to look online, what about Ave Maria Singles? They are a little pricey initially, but it's a one-time fee, and while their community is a bit smaller they have such detailed questions that members fill out on their profile (stance on abortion, ABC, papal authority, the Eucharist, Mary, to name just a few) that it tends to weed out most of the Catholic-In-Name-Only types. I've gone out with a couple of guys from there, and while we didn't have any kind of "spark", they were quite nice, and another one is driving to my area soon so that we can meet in person.

Just a thought.

IMO, don’t focus on finding single Catholic women. Go about your daily business open-mindedly. Be open to friendship irrespective of the person’s faith. People get converted to Catholicism…

[quote="Geremia, post:3, topic:214886"]
you could kill two birds with one stone by learning Gregorian chant, too. A good Catholic girl would love that. :)

[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Seriously now.

[quote="kelvinf, post:15, topic:214886"]
IMO, don't focus on finding single Catholic women. Go about your daily business open-mindedly. Be open to friendship irrespective of the person's faith. People get converted to Catholicism...

[/quote]

The best advice yet.

[quote="Norseman82, post:7, topic:214886"]
Keep an eye out for the National Catholic Singles Conferences:

nationalcatholicsingles.com

It is a very orthodox group, and they don't push the "single vocaton" nor do they go into auto-pilot responses such as "you need to be happy alone first".

[/quote]

Yes that's a good place been to one of those. Lots of single people.

[quote="VonDerTann, post:10, topic:214886"]
You may have to take matters into your own hands.

I remember seeing an announcement for a Catholic singles group in my church bulletin, for a mass followed by dinner at a local restaurant. Someone was the organizer who was in charge of making the reservation. I called, told them I was coming, and showed up. So did my future wife, on the very first meeting.

Now, we did not get married right away :) So anyway, eventually the members of the group did other things (people moved on, whatever), so I and a few others basically started our own group.

My advice? Fortune favors the bold. No luck meeting Catholic women? Send an email to 10 parish bulletins advertising a Saturday 5pm mass followed by Dinner at some decent local restaurant. Specify some basic age range (25-45?) The parishes will likely print the announcement (check first). It's a bit of work -- but so what? People do read the bulletins, and nice people people do show up for things like this. If nothing else, you will meet some pretty nice people, regardless of whether you meet "the one" at any given time. Plus, under the theory that this is what you are there for, you will win major points for having the wherewithall to organize the event(s) in the first place.

The amusing thing is when you do this and get 12 men & 2 women...then 2 weeks later you do it again and get the reverse.

-VdT

[/quote]

Good idea but I would just try it in a local parish first where you know the priest.

Don’t put on blinders and only focus on a girl that matches a certain set of criteria. You’ll be let down in no time (and I’ve learned this from experience - she says she’s “practicing Catholic” but really isn’t.)

Like others said, don’t bother with websites, etc. just keep your eyes open as you go about your daily life. meet new people, have fun, and if you think she’s right for you, then just ask her out. If it doesn’t work out you’ll be the wiser.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.