Good Samaritans help woman who was robbed and stabbed in Hollywood Market parking lot

A 35-year-old Pontiac woman is in police custody, accused of robbing and stabbing a shopper at the Hollywood Market in Bloomfield Township (Michigan).

Shanekia Ballentine is now charged Felonious Assault and Armed Robbery. Police say Good Samaritans stopped her attack on the 56-year-old victim who was putting groceries in her car . . .

Laster, who is also a pastor, doesn’t see himself as a hero. He told 7 Action News that all of the Good Samaritans were all grateful to be at the right place at the right time.

wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/oakland_county/good-samaritans-help-victim-being-robbed-and-stabbed

You always hear stories from News Media about people doing nothing when they see others violently attacked.

Well, these people did something about it and stood up for the woman being attacked and apprehended the criminal armed with a knife.

Unfortunately, I doubt this story will make national news but it’s good to see folks standing up to those who threaten others even if it means putting their own personal safety and life at risk.

What an incredible story! :thumbsup:

Wow. I am glad that people came to her aid.

Unfortunately I have heard of cases where people just stand by and watch. Now those are the types of stories that really sadden me.

May God Bless the Good Samaritans abudantly for their willingness to help another; and may the woman attacked make a full recovery.
Mary.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.