Good Shepherds & A Delicate Conscience

A beautiful homily from Audio Sancto on the virtues of a delicate conscience.

I so rarely hear a delicate conscience praised, that I wanted to share this. I find many people troubled by their consciences for real and true reasons but viewed as for the wrong reasons, because so many worldly people cannot agree with the level of devotion God calls us to, the level of holiness.

Let us aim for a milk white holiness, in which there is not a spot or speck. Let us part company with the world and put ourselves in the hands of God.

Let us be boy scouts and true maids, holy men and holy women, and love our delicate consciences. :slight_smile:

‘Even if saints have fallen into sins of frailty such as venial faults of imperfect attention, from such imperfections no one is exempt, but all deliberate and fully voluntary venial sins may be avoided and are seldom or never committed by holy souls who live with a firm and constant resolution to rather suffer death than with full attention be guilty of a venial violation of God’s law.’

St. Alphonsus Liguori

Lovely post. Thank you for posting this.

I really like St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori because to me, the fact that his middle name is Maria, shows an early devotion to Mary. :slight_smile: So many wonderful saints have been extremely devoted to Mary such as St. Louis Grignon Marie de Montfort, St. Maximilian Maria Kolbe, St. Maria Faustina, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, St. Mary Theresa (Blessed Mother Teresa), His Holiness Pope John Paul II, and St. Padre Pio. :thumbsup:

Thank you for putting the Maria in his name, I appreciate it. I usually remember, somehow I forgot! :slight_smile:

(taps head)

St. Louis Grignon Marie de Montfort, ora pro nobis. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.