Good trees bear good fruit

I was just wondering what others think/believe about the statement 'Good trees bear good fruit'

I always though it was a warning to look out for a person's behaviour to know if they are a good Catholic or not. Yet, when I see a bad behaviour, I don't think it is right to judge.

Do others have any thoughts?

CM

catholic.com/thisrock/2007/0702btb.asp
You have to judge people’s actions, and people are often defined by their actions.

[quote="cmscms, post:1, topic:249529"]
I was just wondering what others think/believe about the statement 'Good trees bear good fruit'

I always though it was a warning to look out for a person's behaviour to know if they are a good Catholic or not. Yet, when I see a bad behaviour, I don't think it is right to judge.

Do others have any thoughts?

CM

[/quote]

I don't think it is right to judge.

Yes. The Good Trees are defined by God not by men.

Of course it is right to judge. Twenty-five years ago, this constant refrain of “Don’t judge!” did not exist. You are the victim of your times. Don’t fall for this b.s.

If you do not make judgements about the moral behavior of yourself and others, you will surround yourself with the worst sort of people and you wil fall into the worst sort of behavior. If you do not make judgements about politicians, you will get the awful government you deserve. It is one thing to judge, it is another to condemn. You must be charitable, but you must also warn someone who is about to be hit by a train – even at the risk of offense.

Do not let the religion of political correctness stop you from practicing your own religion. Some people at CAF seem to be torn between the two. It’s easy to understand why, since we all have to walk around in a pc world. Wear hip waders.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.