Google accused of manipulating searches, burying negative stories about Hillary Clinton

An explosive report released Thursday suggests that Google manipulated its search engine to boost Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton by burying unflattering stories about her.

A video posted by SourceFed, a news and pop-culture website, accused Google of attempting to boost secretly Mrs. Clinton’s candidacy.

m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/9/google-accused-burying-negative-hillary-clinton-st/

Does not surprise me at all, Anyone with any common sense can recognize the mainstream media only reports on news they feel the public needs to hear, and also in what manner it is reported. We all laugh and shake our heads about nations like North Korea and China, controlling what news and info get to the public, but the exact same thing has been happening in the US for a long time too.

If you want the real news, it takes some digging thru different sources to find whats really going on.

Most people can’t be bothered to put that much effort into it.

Shame on them. Glad they were exposed.

Google is a search engine, not mainstream media.
The unflattering stories are out there, covered by those who support Clinton as well…and I’ve seen them on Google.

Some editor at “Sourcefed” takes a few minutes to type in some searches, and that constitutes a “report”?
Oh, brother.
The auto-function shows stories in order of how many times something’s been looked up, as the article even admits, saying the results “could reflect legitimate differences in the engines’ algorithms.”

That is likely the case.

So, if Google is wrong, does that justify voting for Trump?

:hmmm:

These people seem to be conspiracy theorists. :dts:

Mozilla Firefox is a could search engine. Google has gotten too sketchy in many ways.
I will probably learn that Google owns Firefox. :compcoff:

Doesn’t the whole process depend on the wording of the search?

I wish I could get a better sense how likely this is to be real.

If it is, the implications are massively scary.

Because it’s not just a matter of Clinton or Trump, but all manner of Catholic and Christian principles which might be being screened out by Google.

Google is quite liberal. They also don’t show negative search suggestions about Bernie Sanders.

Maybe they used up ALL their negative search of politicians chits on keeping that disgusting “neologism” of Rick Santorum’s last name as the FIRST thing inquiring minds would see on their search site when they texted it.

Those clicking on that kept IT “number one” on the Google list. :shrug: Nothing Google could do then. :mad:

Glad some of the truth comes out now.

If one looks for relief … let it be noted that the BING search engine has four versions of that same “priority” (per Santorum) on ITS table of contents before you get to any real news on the former Senator.

Warning: by posting the link below to demonstrate what is going on … you get to be exposed to the specifics of what I object to. The poisoning of the well of information by gatekeeping distributors of information.

Google has long manipulated similar searches … and now Bing is shown to be no better. Yet both are probably viewed as neutral news dispensers.

bing.com/search?q=Santorum&go=Submit&qs=n&form=QBLH&pq=santorum&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=5F14EE59E0A7499FB0F57F269E8E7431

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.