Google in $17 Million Settlement Over Improper Web Tracking

Google Inc. agreed to pay $17 million to settle allegations by 37 states and the District of Columbia that it placed unauthorized tracking "cookies" on Web browsers in 2011 and 2012.
The Wall Street Journal first reported in February 2012 that Google and three other online-advertising companies had circumvented the default privacy settings of Apple Inc.'s Safari Web browser, placing tracking cookies on users' computers without their knowledge.

WSJ

This is why conspiracy theorists form conspiracy theories, be it about the NSA, other government agencies, or corporations.

[quote="MarcoPolo, post:2, topic:345615"]
This is why conspiracy theorists form conspiracy theories, be it about the NSA, other government agencies, or corporations.

[/quote]

Why? Because it's only a conspiracy until evidence shows it to be true? Are you saying that the NSA spying and our beloved IRS targeting of specific groups of Americans isn't true? Is this still the good ole US of A? Are you sure?

I suspect we are in agreement…

I wanted to read the whole article but I am not able to. It wants me to log in. I do not wish to register for an account in order to read their article. Are there any other articles available online that I don't have to register for to see?

[quote="MarcoPolo, post:4, topic:345615"]
I suspect we are in agreement....

[/quote]

Aaaabsolutely....

[quote="Holly3278, post:5, topic:345615"]
I wanted to read the whole article but I am not able to. It wants me to log in. I do not wish to register for an account in order to read their article. Are there any other articles available online that I don't have to register for to see?

[/quote]

Here is the Yahoo story

[quote="MarcoPolo, post:7, topic:345615"]
Here is the Yahoo story

[/quote]

Thank you MarcoPolo. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.