Google India runs ad for illegal baby sex test kit

msnbc.msn.com/id/26660813/

Some Indian families prefer boys to girls in part because they can earn more money and don’t carry the burden of a pricey dowry. Despite the fact that sex selection is illegal in India, the number of girls keeps dwindling.

In 2001, 927 girls were born for every 1,000 boys, down from 962 in 1981, according to government census figures.

India’s Prime Minister Manmohan Singh earlier this year called the falling sex ratio a “national shame.”

“The patriarchal mind-set and preference for male children is compounded by unethical conduct on the part of some medical practitioners, assisted by unscrupulous parents, who illegally offer sex-determination services,” Singh told reporters in April.
The Lancet, the British medical journal, has estimated as many as 10 million female fetuses may have been aborted in India over the last two decades.

“What we are dealing with is a genocide,” George said.

Oh? But if the ratio of aborted boys and girls was equal, or dare I say it… more boys than girls… then what would he call it?

This isn’t that newsworthy a story, but whenever I read statements like that from people who may be openly supporting abortion, I can’t help but fall on my *** in hysteria…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.