Googled Benedict XVI and guess what I found

catholicplanet.com/future/map.htm

This has got to be the biggest load of crock i’ve ever read. What are your opinions on this? I dont know if I should even dignify this with a post, but…

Oh yeah, does anyone know anything about this website or its creator? After reading this stuff, I dont think very highly of him.

It appears to be about 10% Catholic, 15% JW, and 75% wacko. I’ve already seen some of the author’s predictions tossed about on these forums, but no one seemed to know from whence they came. The bad part is that there are some here who will read that stuff and accept it as fact, then spend years worrying about it instead of faithfully living each day as if it were their last.

[quote=chsprolife]catholicplanet.com/future/map.htm

This has got to be the biggest load of crock i’ve ever read. What are your opinions on this? I dont know if I should even dignify this with a post, but…

Oh yeah, does anyone know anything about this website or its creator? After reading this stuff, I dont think very highly of him.
[/quote]

I have read another article from that site, and it is off the wall. I think the person that writes the articles on that site is out of there mind.

I came accross this site last week and was thrown off. At first it seems like a good Catholic website, but as you dig into it, whoa watch out!

I’m suspending judgment on this one. For one, I am merely glancing on the site and so far have not found anything against the Church. For another, I’ve already read much about this one. I’ts not bunk, really; meaning, there are prophecies made by Catholic mystics regarding this. What might be dubious is the site owner’s conclusions that he reached.

[list]
*]Sometime after that … the General Resurrection. At this time, Jesus Christ Returns again (some call this event the Third Coming).

*]And after that … God takes away Heaven and Earth and makes a new Heaven and a new Earth.

*]And then … Who knows?
[/list] You know, he was doing pretty good until he got to the end! Why did it all become fuzzy all of a sudden??

know one knows when Christ will come back except for God himself…don’t believe this (for lack of a better term) ****.

[quote=Milliardo]I’m suspending judgment on this one. For one, I am merely glancing on the site and so far have not found anything against the Church. For another, I’ve already read much about this one. I’ts not bunk, really; meaning, there are prophecies made by Catholic mystics regarding this. What might be dubious is the site owner’s conclusions that he reached.
[/quote]

Yes, there’s at least a couple books on the History of the Anti Christ. A friend and I perused a book called “Reign of the Anti-Christ” and there’s tons of Fathers, Doctors, and Saints quotes regarding the anti-Christ(s).

I do not want to exclude the possibility of some of the listed, but I am generally skeptical on giving dates as 99% of the time, they are wrong. And also, such revelations or insights have multiple interpretations. I’ll give a mythical one for example.

An Oracle once told a man that he would sleep with his mother. At the end of the myth, the guy was buried next to his mother in the ground technically fulfilling the oracle. (I apologize for not remembering the name off the top of my head.)

I am not saying this is always the case or comparing linearly from Greek myths to the subject matter on hand, but interpretations of the end times must proceed with patience and prudence. Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=chsprolife]catholicplanet.com/future/map.htm

[/quote]

Hi chsprolife,
not true. Not even bibical. Possibly spiritual, but that does not make it true as only Christ is Truth.
Forget it, obey Christ by following the leading of the Holy Spirit.
walk in love
edwinG

This is wackoism.

But it IS kinda creepy. Pope Benedict XVI dies in 2009 or 2010??? Man, that’s pretty good, since Benedict XVI will probably still be Pope (and could actually die) in that timeframe.

Google’s cache of that website was dated April 5, 2005 (and it said Benedict XVI on Apr 5), so it’s not like the guy went and updated his website right away!

Total wackosism. But creepy, also! Benedict XVI But, I suppose there are a million wacko websites out there, and a few of them HAVE to get lucky, right? I guess there are a lot of wacky Pius XIII websites that are hurting right about now.

I searched for malachi prophecy and came up with a similar site.

The fact that this prophet Malachy predicts only two popes after John Paul the Great seems disturbing.

We need to remember that this prophet was obviously giving us a timeline as to when the world will end.

If the Church has not approved of this message…I wouldn’t put too much thought into it.

If it is true…than repentance should be on our minds!!!

God Bless His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI!!!

[quote=DavidFilmer]This is wackoism.

But it IS kinda creepy. Pope Benedict XVI dies in 2009 or 2010??? Man, that’s pretty good, since Benedict XVI will probably still be Pope (and could actually die) in that timeframe.

Google’s cache of that website was dated April 5, 2005 (and it said Benedict XVI on Apr 5), so it’s not like the guy went and updated his website right away!

Total wackosism. But creepy, also! Benedict XVI But, I suppose there are a million wacko websites out there, and a few of them HAVE to get lucky, right? I guess there are a lot of wacky Pius XIII websites that are hurting right about now.
[/quote]

Did you find any sites that predicted Pius? I thought the guy updated it after the announcement, until you mentioned the cache.

That there fellars mighty sure of himself aintee?

I couldn’t even read it, is this person supposed to be Catholic? I think he has been contacting the psychic hotline or something.

Nothing matters to a Christian but his relationship with the Creator right now, at any moment we could meet our maker, so why worry and speculate about how it’s going to happen?

to not be deceived.

easy answer to the author of that site:

IF YOU CANT CONTROL IT, DONT SMOKE IT

Well nothing on that page seems contrary to Catholic teachings.

Most of these prophecies are based on those made by seers and by the Virgin Mary at some unapproved Apparitions.

The timeline pretty much follows it alright. I guess our only real problems lie in whether we believe in the prophecies from seers as St. Malachy and in the aunthenticity of various Apparitions. The other has to do with the dates, they’re set up in a resonably thought up way, but who really knows…?

This is apparently from some book and lots of people write about these things or like to speculate on them. It’s not like he’s giving them as facts, he states that they are predictions based on some book. There’s nothing hateful said… guess this site just collects various speculations and prophecies concerning Catholicism.

And well as for the last’ Who knows…’ part… who really knows what it’ll be like when God comes down to the new earth to live with His creation, other than it’ll be pretty wonderful?:wink:

Well he did supposedly give the name, “Benedict XVI” before the new Pope was even announced… so well as far as anyone can tell, maybe he just might have something to say? :hmmm:

I especially like it how he gives the exact year when Christ will return :rolleyes:

The author must have gone to great lengths to coax God into giving him the date. He sure knows a lot more about the 2nd coming than Christ Himself.

I thought most of what he had was pretty far fetched (possible but a bit off in left field anyway), except for the 3 days of total darkness, which was part of a message from Medjugore.

Some time after I had read about this warning, I heard on the radio about some build up of AM radio waves (gets trapped in the upper or middle atmosphere of something like that) that could cause a total shutdown of all electronics world wide.

It all sounds like a pretty creepy time to be around. I’m not sure I would like to be around during a time of world wide famine or all out war with arabs. Should we be stocking up on food now, and getting ready for wwIII ???

3 days without the internet or a microwave oven !!! That would be a disaster !

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.