Gore Laments U.S. 'Abuses' Against Arabs (while in Saudi Arabia)

By JIM KRANE (AP)

JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia - Former Vice President Al Gore told a mainly Saudi audience on Sunday that the U.S. government committed “terrible abuses” against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.

Gore said Arabs had been “indiscriminately rounded up” and held in “unforgivable” conditions. The former vice president said the Bush administration was playing into al-Qaida’s hands by routinely blocking Saudi visa applications.

“The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake,” Gore said during the Jiddah Economic Forum. “The worst thing we can possibly do is to cut off the channels of friendship and mutual understanding between Saudi Arabia and the United States.”

Gore told the largely Saudi audience, many of them educated at U.S. universities, that Arabs in the United States had been “indiscriminately rounded up, often on minor charges of overstaying a visa or not having a green card in proper order, and held in conditions that were just unforgivable.”

Full article

It scares me to think how close this man came to becoming President. The Truth is that Arabs, especially Women Arabs, are treated better in the United States than they are in Saudi Arabia and the overwhelmig majortiy of other Muslim Countries.

What Gore said is reprehensible-saying it in Saudi Arabia is beneath contempt. I hope he enoys the “thirty peices of silver” he got for spewing this bile.

This confirms my suspicion that the Democrats would much prefer a U.S. defeat to a Bush victory.

[quote=Joe Kelley]This confirms my suspicion that the Democrats would much prefer a U.S. defeat to a Bush victory.
[/quote]

Wouldn’t it be funny to see excerpts of his talk played as political ads in the next few elections?http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Lucky for Al that he lives in America, where the majority is Christian followed by Jewish and we don’t burn peoples houses or kill them for being anti-American or Islamic appologist.

My son-in-law is an Arab, a Maronite Christian but an Arab. He has never had one minutes trouble since 9/11 and he has traveled to Lebanon and back 3 times, to Cote d’Ivorie once and to France once. Each time he said he was treated better by US customs officers than by those in othe countries. His only problem with the US government is they keep trying to get him to go to work for them as an interpreter because he is fluent in Arabic, French and English.

I lament Gore’s abuses against America and humanity in general.

Some people should not be allowed to go visiting! They do not know how to behave.

Al Gore’s comments will be all over Al Jazeera.

Like Gore, al Queda is anti-American. Unlike Gore, however, al Queda has the courge of Gore’s convictions.

[quote=Evangel]By JIM KRANE (AP)

JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia - Former Vice President Al Gore told a mainly Saudi audience on Sunday that the U.S. government committed “terrible abuses” against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.

Gore said Arabs had been “indiscriminately rounded up” and held in “unforgivable” conditions. The former vice president said the Bush administration was playing into al-Qaida’s hands by routinely blocking Saudi visa applications.

“The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake,” Gore said during the Jiddah Economic Forum. “The worst thing we can possibly do is to cut off the channels of friendship and mutual understanding between Saudi Arabia and the United States.”

Gore told the largely Saudi audience, many of them educated at U.S. universities, that Arabs in the United States had been “indiscriminately rounded up, often on minor charges of overstaying a visa or not having a green card in proper order, and held in conditions that were just unforgivable.”

Full article
[/quote]

Strange that americas liberal press didn’t pick up on any of this. Indiscriminate round ups ?
Gores behaviour was unbecoming of a former vice president. He again showed why democrats can’t win an election.

Look, Mr. Gore:

I know you’re upset because your party lost the last election, and I know you’re at a complete loss to understand why. So let me see if I can couch this in terms you can understand.

Basically, what it boils down to is this:

Until you and your fellow travelers figure out that protecting the rights of American citizens is more important to most Americans than protecting the rights of terrorists and murderers is, we are simply not going to trust you people with the keys.

Questions?

[quote=Jay74]Al Gore’s comments will be all over Al Jazeera.
[/quote]

Sheesh! They’ll be all over Al JaCNN.

If I were the editor of a newspaper my headline for today would be:

**Cheney accidentally shoots friend in face,
Gore purposely shoots America in back. **

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_120.gif Maybe Gore can take his “alpha male” self hunting and bend over. Accidents do happen!

[quote=Wolseley]Look, Mr. Gore:

I know you’re upset because your party lost the last election, and I know you’re at a complete loss to understand why. So let me see if I can couch this in terms you can understand.

Until you and your fellow travelers figure out that protecting the rights of American citizens is more important to most Americans than protecting the rights of terrorists and murderers is, we are simply not going to trust you people with the keys.

Questions?
[/quote]

The majority of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi’s.Saudi Arabia teaches the most hatefilled version of Islam in the world.
Gore is a very bitter man.He was paid a lot of money by the Saudi’s .

[quote=Lance]My son-in-law is an Arab, a Maronite Christian but an Arab. He has never had one minutes trouble since 9/11 and he has traveled to Lebanon and back 3 times, to Cote d’Ivorie once and to France once. Each time he said he was treated better by US customs officers than by those in othe countries. His only problem with the US government is they keep trying to get him to go to work for them as an interpreter because he is fluent in Arabic, French and English.
[/quote]

That is comforting to hear. Not only the treatment part, but the fact he has been actively pursued for employment. I have long felt U.S. policy maker sorely need Arab, Arab-muslim translators and spokepersons for that region.

[quote=Joe Kelley]This confirms my suspicion that the Democrats would much prefer a U.S. defeat to a Bush victory.
[/quote]

I know I want to see more people killed. It’s my fondest ambition as a Liberal. Die, soldiers, die.

What a crock.

**General Reminder:

**The charity level of this discussion appears to be deteriorating. Please self-edit for tone and content before clicking the “Submit” button. If the charity level does not improve, this thread will have to be locked. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

[quote=Robert Bay]**General Reminder:

**The charity level of this discussion appears to be deteriorating. Please self-edit for tone and content before clicking the “Submit” button. If the charity level does not improve, this thread will have to be locked. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
[/quote]

No problem. My post was intended as sarcasm. I thought it was obvious but I could have been wrong, I’m more attune at noting the presense of sarcasm than most.

[quote=Wolseley]Look, Mr. Gore:

Questions?
[/quote]

This was never in debate. No one wanted to protect terrorists. Sane people wanted to protect those who happen to be in the crossfire, regardless of nationality. Please tell me that is a bad thing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.