Gospel of Mark: 16 Illustrations

Had a bit of time to spare, so I drew a few illustrations from Mark’s gospel: one for each chapter. (Yes, I like Mark - if you’re familiar with me, you probably already know.) If you’re ever familiar with the illustrations in the Good News Bible by Annie Vallotton, you’ll probably find the art style quite similar (intentionally so).

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. (1:1)

When they could not get near [Jesus] because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him … (2:2)

“Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother.” (3:34-35)

“Listen! A sower went out to sow. …” (4:2-3)

And Jesus, perceiving in himself that power had gone forth from him, immediately turned about in the crowd, and said, “Who touched my garments?” (5:30)

And taking the five loaves and the two fish he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and broke the loaves … (6:41)

Immediately a woman, whose little daughter was possessed by an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell down at his feet. (7:24-25)

And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the village; and when he had spit on his eyes and laid his hands upon him, he asked him, “Do you see anything?” (8:24)

“O faithless generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you?” (9:19)

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” (10:25)

And seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to see if he could find anything on it. (11:13)

“Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” (12:17)

“Do you see these great buildings? There will not be left here one stone upon another, that will not be thrown down.” (13:2)

And a young man followed him, with nothing but a linen cloth about his body; and they seized him, but he left the linen cloth and ran away naked. (14:51-52)

“Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” (15:34)

And they went out and fled from the tomb; for trembling and astonishment had come upon them (16:8)

That’s all.

closed #3

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.