Got a new one for you--hilarious!

This is an actual quote from the Protest Warrior forum in a general “Catholics are teh DEVIL!” thread:

The RCC calls Mary “assumed to be in Heaven” right? If so then the RCC doesent know for sure or not. If shes not then Catholics have wasted millions of prayers and the RCC has been teaching them to do so.you ask them to pray for you becuse possibly you revere them too much when really there just servants of God?

Good times…

Stop by later for a proposed “Revelations says the Church is the Whore of Babylon” thread…

[quote=montanaman]This is an actual quote from the Protest Warrior forum in a general “Catholics are teh DEVIL!” thread:

Good times…

Stop by later for a proposed “Revelations says the Church is the Whore of Babylon” thread…
[/quote]

Assumed to be in heaven!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: (Do I have to confess that I’m laughing so hard I’m about to choke?)

I believe Mary prays for us whether we ask or not. Thanks, Mary!–nicolo

Looks like someone has obviously taken the wrong meaning here out of assumed, :rolleyes: ignorance is bliss.

Maybe they mean that Mary assumes she is in heaven

http://www.jimmyakin.org/images/marysassumption.jpg

Assumption

Yeah, this guy has been trying to prove to me that I worship statues for weeks…

Found You Montanaman!!! You Can"t Hide From Me!!

[quote=GodSoldier]Found You Montanaman!!! You Can"t Hide From Me!!
[/quote]

Aero?

Where does one begin? Sounds like something Zoolander would say.

in XT.

[quote=AquinasXVI]Where does one begin? Sounds like something Zoolander would say.

in XT.
[/quote]

“Well, it’s a good thing nobody believes in your little ‘Assumption’ or whatever you call it.”

The RCC calls Mary “assumed to be in Heaven” right?

This a good example of how the semi-literate argue. They take a word, define it in a different way, then expect us to defend against their erroneous definition.

:rotfl: Oh, that’s funny…

[quote=nico1089]I believe Mary prays for us whether we ask or not. Thanks, Mary!–nicolo
[/quote]

John’s account of the wedding at Cana appears to suggest as much. :thumbsup:

[quote=montanaman]“Well, it’s a good thing nobody believes in your little ‘Assumption’ or whatever you call it.”

[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Too funny!!!

I actually believed this once…when I was in middle school.

I remember getting into a big argument with a fellow classmate because he said Mary was assumed into heaven. I kept trying to set him straight by telling him that we KNOW she is in heaven, so that term could not possibly be right, she obviously ascended into heaven… :o

Ah well, another case of a 13 year old who knows everything :whistle:

[quote=Lady Cygnus]I actually believed this once…when I was in middle school.

I remember getting into a big argument with a fellow classmate because he said Mary was assumed into heaven. I kept trying to set him straight by telling him that we KNOW she is in heaven, so that term could not possibly be right, she obviously ascended into heaven… :o

Ah well, another case of a 13 year old who knows everything :whistle:
[/quote]

Actually, Jesus ascended into heaven, Mary was assumed. Ascended implies of His own power, assumed implies of someone else’s power. This isn’t met to nitpick, just to be a useful explanation next time someone thinks we put Mary on too high a pedestal by having her “assumed” into heaven. :smiley:

[quote=nico1089]I believe Mary prays for us whether we ask or not. Thanks, Mary!–nicolo
[/quote]

As Wayne Wiebel says- “We can’t expect Protestants to understand Mary. After all, she’s Catholic. But she loves and prays for us all.”

[quote=RobNY]Actually, Jesus ascended into heaven, Mary was assumed. Ascended implies of His own power, assumed implies of someone else’s power. This isn’t met to nitpick, just to be a useful explanation next time someone thinks we put Mary on too high a pedestal by having her “assumed” into heaven. :smiley:
[/quote]

Yes, the wisdom that comes with age, and a grasp of the english language :wink:

Well, I must** try** to be charitable …

But I guess I’ll just have to settle for saying nothing.
:rotfl:

Good one! :clapping:

[quote=montanaman]Aero?
[/quote]

Yep.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.