Got a ticket on my way to Mass

Well, it’s official. I’ve recieved my very first legal citation ever. :o

I’d never been in trouble with the law in any way shape or form in my life, until today. Today I received a traffic ticket, on my way back from Mass.

It wasn’t even a traffic ticket really, it was a “Non-traffic infraction” for not having a ticket with me when I rode the Metro bus. I don’t even take the bus to church normally, normally I just walk.

Why does that happen? The one day, the ONE day, that I didn’t buy a ticket a police officer gets on and does an inspection. On a Sunday of all times! On my way back from church! :shrug:

Today would’ve been a good day to stay in bed. :crying:

I don’t know how much they’re going to fine me, but I’m just going to go to the court house tommorow, pay the fine, and get it over with. I don’t care if I only have $150 dollars in my bank account right now.

Sorry for the rant you guys. I’m just really bummed right now. I’m seriously considering just sleeping in next Sunday.

Perhaps you should change your title. Your title says you got a ticket on your way to Mass but your post says you got a ticket on your way from Mass. Regardless, it is nice to see that you went to Mass being a non-denominational Christian. Are you considering converting? :confused:

Perhaps you should change your title. Your title says you got a ticket on your way to Mass but your post says you got a ticket on your way from Mass.

Oh, right :blush: . I didn’t realize that. Can you change a title on a post? I’m not sure how I would go about doing that. To or from, it sucks just as bad.

Regardless, it is nice to see that you went to Mass being a non-denominational Christian. Are you considering converting? :confused:

Thank you. I’m not really making any plans to convert to Catholicism. I was considering it at one point ( hence me being on this board :smiley: ) but that idea kind of drifted away.

“APM” Aww. I’m sorry :console: But hey, it happens to most of us… at some point. We get a little careless… or a little distracted; getting a ticket might be a “wake up call”. Like God saying… “Ahem. Dear child, I’d like you to be a bit more careful.”

You’ll feel better by next Sunday. And you’ll realize, once again… that going to Mass IS the right thing to do. (btw, I pray that you will become a Catholic :D). Say a prayer for the officer, who was just doing his/her duty. God bless you “APM”. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Hello friend,

I completely understand your rant. Whether it was to or from Mass, it’s definitely one of those things that puts a damper on what (one would think) should prove to be an immaculate day. Maybe it’s the whole idea of divine reward for going to church, period. “I went to church, Lord, now be nice to me!” But that’s not how it works at all. I’m sure several members who read this will think of St. Teresa’s quote: “Dear Lord, if this is how You treat Your friends, it is no wonder You have so few!”

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.