Got the worse news of my life today - bro has liver cancer

Hi all,

my sister phoned me a few hours ago and told me my brother has liver cancer and that he is dying:( and has less than a year to live, and Iam grieving very heavily. please, pray for my brother, and please, keep my family in your prayers. Thank you very much. I truly appreciate anything you can do for us… God bless you all.

MP

Adding your family to my rosary intentions.

thanks.

Poor Philomena - you and your family are definitely in my prayers.

My heart goes out to you and your family. I will pray for them and for your brother immediately.

i’ll be remembering your family and your brother at mass tommorrow.
You’re in my prayers.

I’m so sorry to hear your sad news, MyPhilomeana. I want to enter his name onto a Carmelite Sisters’ prayer site. Could you tell us his name and age? And any other details you want to share?

Joe. he is 52… and i love him with all my heart. his patron saint is Saint Joseph.
patron saint of the dying.

thank you, but you don’t need to feel bad for me. i only need help for prayers for my brother.

So sorry to hear that, your brother is in my prayers. My cousin also had liver cancer and received a transplant in August. She is recovering now, and her pronosis is good. It is not necessarily a death sentence.

I will keep him in my prayers. St Peregrine is the Patron St of Cancer Sufferers.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/peregrine.htm
Here is a novena.

That is great news . . . keeping in mind, however, that every one of us is under a death sentence, and there will be no final reprieve. It is largely a matter of perspective.

I hope your cousin and MyPhilomena’s brother both are granted length of (healthy) days.

my brothers prognosis is poor because he already almost died from his liver before, and he has cirrohsis of the liver and now cancer, but your right, everything is possible.

:gopray2:

Praying :gopray:

I’ll pray,too.

I am very sorry. I lost my brother, Joe, three years ago to liver cancer. He was 49 and we were very close. I will pray for him. :gopray:

He and your family will be in my prayers.

wow!! you lovely people are so wonderful!! i am actually smiling at you all right now :slight_smile: God justs continues to amaze me and bless me with such wonderful people! Thank you so much for all your prayers! Just wonderful of all of you!

:blessyou:

My first name is Joseph!
I will pray for your brother, family and self. :slight_smile:

St. Joseph, pray for us.
St. Padre Pio, pray for us
St. Therese de L’Enfant Jesus, prier pour nous.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.