Gov. Bobby Jindal Orders National Guard to Build Barrier Wall Off Louisiana Shore

"Gov. Bobby Jindal Orders National Guard to Build Barrier Wall Off Louisiana Shore
Louisiana Gov. Takes Matters Into Own Hands, But Will BP Foot the Bill?

Eight weeks into the oil spill disaster in the Gulf of the Mexico, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has told the National Guard that there's no time left to wait for BP, so they're taking matters into their own hands. "...

Entire article: abcnews.go.com/WN/article/bp-oil-spill-gov-bobby-jindal-orders-national/story?id=10914348

At least someone in authority actually wants to do something about this catastrophe.

More grandstanding from the same guy who took credit for creating jobs in his state via the economic Stimulus bill.

[quote="ProVobis, post:3, topic:202002"]
More grandstanding from the same guy who took credit for creating jobs in his state via the economic Stimulus bill.

[/quote]

**What a mess!

Perhaps if more politicians stopped blaming others while using a disaster that will serious impact tens of millions of Americans for their own gain & started taking positive actions, then we would be better off.

At least Gov. Jindall is doing something, unlike our weak, mega-grandstanding President who can only point his finger at others!
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

From Arizona to Louisiana........do you think the White House is getting the message? DO YOUR JOB!!!

I think Governor Jindal needs to inform BP that it's private security contractors will be arrested if they threaten people on any public property in Louisiana.

[quote="Mark77, post:4, topic:202002"]
What a mess!

Perhaps if more politicians stopped blaming others while using a disaster that will serious impact tens of millions of Americans for their own gain & started taking positive actions, then we would be better off.

At least Gov. Jindall is doing something, unlike our weak, mega-grandstanding President who can only point his finger at others!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

[/quote]

And Obama slyly, and dishonestly, took credit for the berms in his damage control speech tonight.

All along, Obama has refused Jindal the right to build the barrier walls. Jindal finally says to heck with that, I am going to OK it no matter what the president says. And tonight, Obama takes credit for "Okaying" the construction of the berms.

Obama keeps saying that he was on top of this spill from day one. If so, that doesn't bode well for the effectiveness and competence of Obama and his administration. This disaster has been growing worse from day one.

How long until 2012?

[/quote]

Please, point out the details that relate the two as grandstanding.

If I remember correctly Louisiana wasn't doing too bad(compared to the democrat states) before the stimulus bill.

[quote="Jersey_Jeepster, post:7, topic:202002"]
And Obama slyly, and dishonestly, took credit for the berms in his damage control speech tonight.

All along, Obama has refused Jindal the right to build the barrier walls. Jindal finally says to heck with that, I am going to OK it no matter what the president says. And tonight, Obama takes credit for "Okaying" the construction of the berms.

Obama keeps saying that he was on top of this spill from day one. If so, that doesn't bode well for the effectiveness and competence of Obama and his administration. This disaster has been growing worse from day one.

How long until 2012?

[/quote]

And China is watching and strategizing. I'm sure they see him as a weak leader. And they are also probably laughing since they too, along with other countries, drill in the same Gulf waters for oil.

Please, point out the details that relate the two as grandstanding.

If I remember correctly Louisiana wasn't doing too bad(compared to the democrat states) before the stimulus bill.

One of the MSNBC's commentators created a list with pictures showing the Republicans who gladly accepted the stimulus packages. Jindal was at the top of the list. It shouldn't take a "liberal" to point that out; however, no one else dares to.

youtube.com/watch?v=2VOE6JRfDs8

And as far as the barrier wall is concerned, has this been thought out well? Politicians typically don't think. And neither Jindal or Obama have shown to be exceptions. Maybe there was a good reason for the law? What if the barrier also restricts sealife from escaping the oil? Will this create possibly a false sense of security for the tourists? Has he consulted with engineers? A lot of other questions. What's really Jindal's agenda? What's Obama's in dealing with the governor, for that matter? The other Republican governors seem to be "cooperating."

I would assume that Jindal has at least consulted with professionals to enquire about the safety of building a barrier wall. He actually seems to be the only guy in the legislative body doing ANYTHING AT ALL. The current administration is running around meeting with BP officials to set up money.......good and necessary, but they have turned down the help of other countries IN WRITING that have the know how to help. Why? To protect their precious union. I am not against having a Democratic President, but only if he knows how to run a country. This guy is yes, very intelligent, and yes, very clueless as to reaching out beyond his administration for help. He is just not a leader..he is a motivator. I would argue that in order to run a country, one must have leadership qualities and just a little bit of experience under their belts to have a clue as to what they are doing.

GOD HELP US!!

[quote="Jersey_Jeepster, post:7, topic:202002"]

How long until 2012?

[/quote]

2 years.

[/quote]

Would have been better if he had ignored the spill and then went on TV and gave an adress calling for higher taxes, gutting the oil industry and massive new federal regulation. That would have been "presidential" of him.

[quote="ProVobis, post:10, topic:202002"]
One of the MSNBC's commentators created a list with pictures showing the Republicans who gladly accepted the stimulus packages. Jindal was at the top of the list. It shouldn't take a "liberal" to point that out; however, no one else dares to.

youtube.com/watch?v=2VOE6JRfDs8

And as far as the barrier wall is concerned, has this been thought out well? Politicians typically don't think. And neither Jindal or Obama have shown to be exceptions. Maybe there was a good reason for the law? What if the barrier also restricts sealife from escaping the oil? Will this create possibly a false sense of security for the tourists? Has he consulted with engineers? A lot of other questions. What's really Jindal's agenda? What's Obama's in dealing with the governor, for that matter? The other Republican governors seem to be "cooperating."

[/quote]

I am curious-should we close all military bases in States where congressmen voted against increases in military spending? Isnt it hypocritical to have these funds go to their districts??? And how about those congressmen who voted against "no child left behind" .? Shouldt we cut off all education funds to their State?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.