Government report confirms Catholic schools are not the root of sectarianism

A report commissioned by the Scottish Government has found that Catholic schools are in no way responsible for sectarianism.

The Advisory Group on Tackling Sectarianism today released a report on religious and race bigotry in Scotland and its findings on Catholic schools were welcomed by the Church.

“We do not believe that sectarianism stems from, or is the responsibility of, denominational schooling, or, specifically, Catholic schools, nor that sectarianism would be eradicated by closing such institutions,” the reports says.

Full update: sconews.co.uk/news/33675/report-confirms-catholic-schools-are-not-the-root-of-sectarianism/

Good. Now then, note this report is from a GOVERNMENT, one that practices socialized medicine as well. Therefore it cannot be true. Hey, I’m just echoing many folks here… LOL :smiley:

Stop being so sectarian!

FYI: I am on several cancer forums. Almost no cancer patient in the UK or Canada has anything nice to say about their national health services. Just saying.

Oh, really? Tell that to my pal in Northern Ireland whose wife has cancer and is kept alive by services from the NHS. He and his wife are VERY happy about that. And no, they’re NOT exceptions. Spare me the “Socialized medicine stinks” nonsense. I’m in the US, and MY illness was caught by a Doc trained in the UK. I had given up on asking American Docs over a period of 25 years if I had a certain condition because they all (ELEVEN Docs in 25 years, let that sink in) said I was worrying too much. The Doc from the UK caught my illness without me even asking. Why? Because the UK often does more long range health studies than we do here. That’s how he saved my life. Oh, and by the way, the Doc who diagnosed my illness CORRECTLY did it at a V.A. Hospital. Yes, I do get care because of my service, but it’s still GOVERNMENT health care. Try telling my wife that Gov’t medicine is nonsense and see how far you get. Sheesh…

Your post is utter nonsense. Perhaps if you’d do some real homework, you’d find out some facts. You might try it sometime.

BTW, I note that you said you’re on several cancer forums. I dunno whether it’s yourself or a family member who has cancer, but please know that my prayers on your behalf are going up to God as we speak. GOD BLESS YOU! :smiley:

I’m not sure how I’m being “Sectarian”, tho…

=ReConverted;11493809]Oh, really? Tell that to my pal in Northern Ireland whose wife has cancer and is kept alive by services from the NHS. He and his wife are VERY happy about that. And no, they’re NOT exceptions. Spare me the “Socialized medicine stinks” nonsense. I’m in the US, and MY illness was caught by a Doc trained in the UK. I had given up on asking American Docs over a period of 25 years if I had a certain condition because they all (ELEVEN Docs in 25 years, let that sink in) said I was worrying too much. The Doc from the UK caught my illness without me even asking. Why? Because the UK often does more long range health studies than we do here. That’s how he saved my life. Oh, and by the way, the Doc who diagnosed my illness CORRECTLY did it at a V.A. Hospital. Yes, I do get care because of my service, but it’s still GOVERNMENT health care. Try telling my wife that Gov’t medicine is nonsense and see how far you get. Sheesh…

:rolleyes:

Personal testimonies are always the worst for establishing good policy.

I used to live in the UK and there was a girl there in her early 20s who died because she was denied cervical cancer screening. Also heard about a guy who used a pliers to pull out his teeth because he was unable to see a dentist.

Also heard about a Muslim dentist there who refused to treat female patients unless they wore burkas.

Your post is utter nonsense. Perhaps if you’d do some real homework, you’d find out some facts. You might try it sometime.

I would stick to the issues.

That’s because getting specialized care in those countries is just awful. “Some parts of Glasgow now have a life expectancy similar to that of West African countries,” as Mark Levin pointed out.

I can certainly see that happening under government-run health-care.

Also, I wouldn’t listen much to American testimonies about “they never had any problems”. I wish I had 5 quid every time a liberal American went abroad using European or Canadian health care, got what they wanted and thinks it works for everyone.

I promise you that’s not the case.

. Hey, I’m just echoing many folks here… LOL

I’d like to know specifically who you are talking about.

A report commissioned by the Scottish Government has found that Catholic schools are in no way responsible for sectarianism.

Not exactly the wisest use of government resources.

And they wonder why people are angry that their tax money gets wasted. :rolleyes:

It is if the report will shut up those groups who want to get rid of faith schools and use sectarianism as an excuse.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.