Governor Cuomo Bans Non-Essential State Travel to North Carolina

governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-bans-non-essential-state-travel-north-carolina

*Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today signed an executive order banning all non-essential state travel to North Carolina. The order requires all New York State agencies, departments, boards and commissions to immediately review all requests for state funded or state sponsored travel to the state of North Carolina, and bar any such publicly funded travel that is not essential to the enforcement of state law or public health and safety.

The ban, which takes effect immediately, follows North Carolina’s enactment of a law which bars transgender individuals from using restrooms appropriate for their gender identities, excludes sexual orientation and gender identity from state anti-discrimination protections, and prohibits municipalities from extending those protections to LGBT citizens. *

This guy is on such a power trip. I live in New York, and it is a great place to live, but man the politicians my state elects are horrible. If I had to choose between Hillary Clinton and Andrew Cuomo as president, I’d pick Clinton.

:rolleyes:

All across North Carolina, a great sigh of relief has been breathed.

Maybe they should just ban ALL non-essential travel.

:thumbsup:

Maybe he wouldn’t have been elected if his father hadn’t been governor throughout the Reagan years.

Yep, name recognition is powerful.

Still, state officials have no business going junketing on the public chit, anyhow.

ICXC NIKA

:thumbsup: what a dufus! I thought Bloomberg was bad. what is it about politicians and New York! then there was Wiener!

Well, isn’t this the same guy who said that anyone who is against abortion is not welcome in the state of New York?

This doesn’t come as much of a surprise. :rolleyes:

Governor Cuomo should worry about NY and his personal life.

Governor Cuomo should find the nearest confessional, fast.

Here’s what he said:

“Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves. Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? **Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”

But I suppose…if North Carolina can make trans-gender people feel unwelcome, Cuomo can do the same thing with another group, New York style.

Doesn’t surprise me. I live in NY and Cuomo does anything for a popularity boost.

Cuomo is a borderline dictator, stop supporting him.

The only things Cuomo makes feel unwelcome are sanity, common sense, and integrity.

MODERATOR NOTE

The charity level on this thread needs to improve. All posts are to be charitable and absent name calling.

So a NY gov can tell residents where they can and cannot travel to now? WOW

I sure hope they halt any and all packages coming from NY, going to NC, or any NY based company from conducting business in NC.

No, the governor can tell public officials where they can spend public funds to travel.

I am embarrassed that he is an Italian American:(

The ban affects official STATE travel, not personal trips.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.