Grace where it originated from

Hi Everyone,

Im now studying the Catechism in my RCIA class and we went shortly over something that still has me stomped. Grace. Where did it originated from? I know it comes from God but were did it originated originally from =

Jesus’s willingness, compassion & love + Dying on the cross for our sins = Grace?

Thanks
Rose

One simple way to understand grace is a friendship with God. It came from God immediately when the first human being was created.

Yes, God created Adam and Eve in the state of original holiness and justice which includes sanctifying grace. Sanctifying grace is a supernatural gift of God which he bestows on our souls and which makes us partakers of the divine nature, pleasing to God, the friends of God, his adopted children, and heirs of eternal life and happiness with God in heaven. Adam and Eve forfeited the gift of sanctifying grace when they disobeyed God’s command to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They were cast out of the garden of paradise which spiritually signifies the loss of sanctifying grace and became subject to death and other penalties. We, the children of Adam and Eve, are conceived and born into this world without the gift of original holiness and justice and sanctifying grace which is original sin and subject to death and suffering. The sacrament of baptism bestows on us sanctifying grace and cleanses us of original sin and all personal sins we may have committed. I recommend reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church’s teaching on grace. Supernatural grace is divided into sanctifying grace and actual grace.

Grace is a gift that proceeds from benevolence, shown by God toward the human race.

CCC

scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s1c3a2.htm#1996

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.