Grail Psalter?

Has anyone heard of it or know where I can get one? [thinking Christmas gift here]
The USCCB have adopted the Revised Grail Psalter for liturgical use here. But when I searched for it all I found was the “Abbey Psalter” on Amazon and some British Bibles because the approved Bible over there is the Jerusalem plus the Grail psalmody.

It is translated by the monks of Conception Abbey, Missouri but they don’t sell it.

I found a little more information here;
www.giamusic.com/pdf/grail_psalter.pdf
It looks like it is newly revised version, based on the 1963 Grail Psalms that are in the Liturgy of the Hours.

I just hope it’s not the version with imbec… “inclusive” language. :stuck_out_tongue:

:blessyou:

This isn’t the recently approved version used at Conception Abbey, as far as I know, but it is the complete 1963 version used in the Liturgy of the Hours :

The Psalms: A New Translation: Singing Version.

It’s arranged for singing. There’s also this from GIA music but I don’t think it’s the revised version that was approved either.

this may be of use to you, OP:

cts-online.org.uk/acatalog/info_SC76.html

The original, 1963, non-inclusive language Grail Psalms.

Matt

The online Adoremus Bulletin for Dec/Jan has a sneak comparison of the Grail and Revised Grail for Ps 93 8-13

adoremus.org/1208USCCB.html

We have to wait and see what the Holy See says on the issue: The trust my Pope. What I don’t trust is GIA. I’m mortified – honestly a man almost in tears. GIA is the same outfit that has guys like Marty Haugen and David Haas on their payroll. Why couldn’t they have worked a deal with Ignatius Press or Scepter Publishers, or any other legit publisher? The Pope exclusively uses Ignatius for his publications. I’m not in charge and it’s not up to me, but all I’m saying is that if a publisher isn’t good enough for the Pope then perhaps we shouldn’t be giving them any money. It’s a tricky thing finding a good publisher who isn’t swayed by the demonic out to seek destruction of your immortal soul.

Should it be promulgated, I think what I’ll end up doing is borrowing a set and copying it by hand. I’ve always wanted like an 81 volume set so that I don’t need to use any book marks. Maybe I should become a carthusian just so I can make a holograph complete with illustrations.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.