Grammys producer wants stars to be political during speeches

In a fraught moment of political protest across the country, the live mic at televised award shows has become a potent weapon.

As such, Grammy Awards producer Ken Ehrlich has a message for those who will take the stage on Sunday’s ceremony: Bring it on.

Ehrlich has no reservations about political messages or anti-President Trump statements flying during CBS’ three and a half hour Grammycast. Artists expressing passionate opinions about real-life issues are the stuff of memorable moments, he said.

pagesix.com/2017/02/11/grammys-producer-says-political-acceptance-speeches-welcome/?_ga=1.186887976.1269764977.1486907558

You consider this news?
Seriously?

Wait a second! Didn’t you just post a story about “sanctuary” restaurants? This is as much a news story as that one was. Glass houses? Stones?

Show Business kids can be that way. :shrug:

I guess this will just be a replay of the so-called March for Women that was just a slam Trump fest.

Which is one of the myriad of reasons why I no longer watch these celebrity love fests.:rolleyes:

The Grammys have been loosing viewers over the last few years. This may be an attempt to get more people to watch. :shrug:

Desperate means calls for desperate measures…:wink:

:yawn:
What else is new?

:rotfl: I hope they enjoy their even lower, pathetic ratings.

Yeah they’re just hoping for a ratings boost and to gin up more publicity. I don’t watch any of these award shows, but I’m so tired of politics infecting everything.

Agree!

:thumbsup:

Like with the Oscars, the Grammys have a TON of categories most viewers never hear about or see: in the Grammy’s case, all the country, bluegrass, and CCM/gospel nominees, the reissues, the liner notes, and so on. Most of the “lesser” nominees aren’t exactly celebrities - no more than an Oscar winner for Best Sound Effects editing would be. It’s an industry thing that belongs within the industry and not on TV: I’m all for broadcast nets not airing these shows anymore.

This seems to be a replay of the old adage, “Any publicity is good publicity.” You would have to tie me to a chair to watch any awards show, and I would seek revenge. Grammys are near the bottom of my list of interest in the awards category. I am sure Microsoft Rewards will fill me in on all the winners tomorrow, and at least they pay me five points for every click. Just in case, I will turn the sound off before I click.

As such, Grammy Awards producer Ken Ehrlich has a message for those who will take the stage on Sunday’s ceremony: Bring it on.

Of course.
The ratings are way down.
Let’s do anything to attract attention.

Well CONGRATULATIONS to you!

Artists expressing passionate opinions about real-life issues are the stuff of memorable moments, he said.

Unless, of course, they are on the side of truth and decency. Unless, of course, they are a voice for the voiceless. It is pretty one sided and hypocritical, if you ask me. Politics should never have been brought into entertainment. Entertainment used to be an escape. Now there is no escape anymore. It follows you into every area of your life, and none of it is any good. That’s why I shut it out.

That was uncalled for. Congratulations to you for stomaching that filth.

And so was any of her comments or honestly anyone else’s? lol Beyonce looked like a GODDESS.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.