Grand mom diagnosed with cancer . She is about to pass to eternity

My grand mom
who is the mother of my mother , today was diagnosed with a cancer.
She is very weak. The doctor says , she can pass soon .
My grand mom was the one , because of whom I was converted to Christ.
When I was a child , she used to take me to the Church.
I think her life and her personality was unique.
We never will see in the future this type of people.
Her life was a sacrifice.
She gave birth of 10 children.
2 died and 8 survived.
She outlived a few wars , starvations , plagues , Stalins years , the years of Soviet serfdom in the collective farm ...
All her life she used to live for the children, for the grand children , for the grand grand children.
She has many today.
I do not know , if today you can find a woman , who can give birth without doctor , who can feed her children in the years of starvation and her self always to be half hungry.
Who can work 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Who can survive and overcome the difficulties of life with so much energy , joy , power.
I am sure , that there will be no generation like her generation.
And there will be no sacrifices like this generation used to sacrifice.
The only one thing , which gives me a comfort , in this moment
Is that she will be in heaven by God's mercy.
I have a protestant background , and my grand mom is the protestan ( Evangelical Baptists )
She used to live in the years , where the Bibles were forbidden.
In the times when you had to sell the cow in order to buy the Bible.
There were the times when , if the Bible would be found in your house , you could be many years in prison.
She belongs to that generation of people , who survived wars , persecutions , different goverments and systems , and generation which preserved the faith to God !
She loves life , she wants to live here on earth as well , to rejoys at her children , and grand children.
We have the Christmass soon , where according to the tradition all children and grand children are gathering together.
But God knows , every thing is in Gods hands , how long she will survive here on earth.
Please , pray that God strengthen her in His Mighty Hands !
She needs to turn her eyes towards eternity !
and comphort hereself in the Lord !

Thank you for sharing your grandmother's story with us, a celebration of her life, a life fully lived in the love and grace of God,
and a great inspiration to all her family.
:harp:
I praise and honor God for the amazing and courageous person who is your grandmother.
I ask God if He will, to allow your grandmother to celebrate her last Christmas with you all,
unless God wishes her to celebrate Christmas in heaven with family already gone to God.
I can see that her witness and memories of her will remain to comfort and inspire you all long after she has gone to her eternal reward.
May God make her last days peaceful and full of family love,
and may God ease her passing.
May God continue to bless your family

Hello Athanasiy, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother’s cancer. I just lost my mother on Monday; I understand. The story you told of her was beautiful and a testament to her love of God and her family. I will pray that God’s will be done and that she have a peaceful passing. May God bless you and your family during this very difficult time.

In Christ,
Betsy

What a beautiful woman your grandmother is…your recitation of her life’s journey helps us all to know what a vibrant and loving person she is…Prayers are all that we can do for her here…not just for her…but for you especially in this time of sorrow… take comfort from our loving Lord and His blessed Mother Mary. FJF

I will pray the chaplet to the Divine Mercy for her today.

Praying now for her …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying hard to St Peregrine.

Praying for her.

Your grandmother was a beautiful lady and I pray she has a peaceful death surrounded by the love and prayers of her family and blessed with the comfort that comes from having known the Lord and having lived for Him. Peace!

Praying for your dear grandmother! What a beautiful story and inspiration.

Thank you brothers and sisters for the prayer support.
My grand mom had been under the ‘‘system’’ for a four days.
The doctors did not allow her to eat , because she was vomiting.
The doctor said that she has got a metastases already.
She was getting anti-vomiting tablets.
After the doctors diagnoses , and after I saw her one evening , every body was thinking that she can die any moment , because she was very weak.
But , after two days I visited her again , and she was eating good and looked joy full and fresh .
My mom decided to give her food even if the doctor did not allow it.
My mom couldn’t see her hungry , because she was hungry , her only nourishment was that ‘‘system’’.
And eventually , after one more doctors examination a totally different diagnoses was fixed.
She does not have a cancer the doctor said , there was some thing with her bowels which looked as a tumour , but it was not a tumour.
So , she is getting ok , and she eats already and have normal function of the stomach , but she is still weak , and of course needs to spend some time in the hospital.
Behind the veil , the children were already preparing for the burial service , the coffin was organized and all necesarry things for burial.
But now , every thing is changed.
She has got a hope to live , God extended her life !

Some of her daughters , my mom and her sister , made a big scandal in the hospital , because the doctor did not tell right diagnoses , and shocked all family telling that she will not live long.

In some countries , the doctor can go to the court for this kind of things.
But I personally , see it in a different way.

I think its a God’s Miracle in one way or another.
It could be mistake of the doctors or doctors negligence , it could be also the God’s healling.

The cattle in my grandmoms house did not want to eat . And looked and behaved like mourning for her . Some tree in my grand momis garden has a flourished with a fruit , its unusual thing in winter , we used to think that all these are the signs of her death.

But , now she has got a chance to live.
We hope she will extend her life for our joy.

Thank you brothers and sisters , I believe that what has happened its a God’s miracle ,
because I saw her very skinny and almoust unmoved , her stomack did not recieve food , her bowels did not accept the food.
And now the situation has changed , we all heard from the doctors that its not a cancer.

I believe that in this forum , there are the saints , and the real prayers worriors , whose prayers God listen specially.

In one way or another I believe - its a miracle.
I hope God will extend her days .
Thank you so much !
And God’s Blessing to every one !

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

praying

[quote="Athanasiy, post:10, topic:177021"]
Thank you brothers and sisters for the prayer support.
My grand mom had been under the ''system'' for a four days.
The doctors did not allow her to eat , because she was vomiting.
The doctor said that she has got a metastases already.
She was getting anti-vomiting tablets.
After the doctors diagnoses , and after I saw her one evening , every body was thinking that she can die any moment , because she was very weak.
But , after two days I visited her again , and she was eating good and looked joy full and fresh .
My mom decided to give her food even if the doctor did not allow it.
My mom couldn't see her hungry , because she was hungry , her only nourishment was that ''system''.
And eventually , after one more doctors examination a totally different diagnoses was fixed.
She does not have a cancer the doctor said , there was some thing with her bowels which looked as a tumour , but it was not a tumour.
So , she is getting ok , and she eats already and have normal function of the stomach , but she is still weak , and of course needs to spend some time in the hospital.
Behind the veil , the children were already preparing for the burial service , the coffin was organized and all necesarry things for burial.
But now , every thing is changed.
She has got a hope to live , God extended her life !

Some of her daughters , my mom and her sister , made a big scandal in the hospital , because the doctor did not tell right diagnoses , and shocked all family telling that she will not live long.

In some countries , the doctor can go to the court for this kind of things.
But I personally , see it in a different way.

I think its a God's Miracle in one way or another.
It could be mistake of the doctors or doctors negligence , it could be also the God's healling.

The cattle in my grandmoms house did not want to eat . And looked and behaved like mourning for her . Some tree in my grand momis garden has a flourished with a fruit , its unusual thing in winter , we used to think that all these are the signs of her death.

But , now she has got a chance to live.
We hope she will extend her life for our joy.

Thank you brothers and sisters , I believe that what has happened its a God's miracle ,
because I saw her very skinny and almoust unmoved , her stomack did not recieve food , her bowels did not accept the food.
And now the situation has changed , we all heard from the doctors that its not a cancer.

I believe that in this forum , there are the saints , and the real prayers worriors , whose prayers God listen specially.

In one way or another I believe - its a miracle.
I hope God will extend her days .
Thank you so much !
And God's Blessing to every one !

[/quote]

Wow! Praising God!

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Praise the Lord for every thing !
whatever happens its for the good !
And thanks be to the Lord for every thing !
Let HIS WILL be done !

My grand mom has passed to eternity a few hours ago.
It was indeed a tumour , the doctors could not find out exactly.
The cancer had tortured her last few days very painfully.
she passed to eternity.
Before she prayed that God would take her
All our family needs comphort especially daughters who loved her very much , they need to keep themselves spiritual and strong.
Kingdom of Heaven to her !!:signofcross:

Prayers :hug1:

What an inspiration your grandmother is. May God continue to hold her close. My prayers go with you both.

[quote="Athanasiy, post:15, topic:177021"]
Praise the Lord for every thing !
whatever happens its for the good !
And thanks be to the Lord for every thing !
Let HIS WILL be done !

My grand mom has passed to eternity a few hours ago.
It was indeed a tumour , the doctors could not find out exactly.
The cancer had tortured her last few days very painfully.
she passed to eternity.
Before she prayed that God would take her
All our family needs comphort especially daughters who loved her very much , they need to keep themselves spiritual and strong.
Kingdom of Heaven to her !!:signofcross:

[/quote]

Sending my condolences and praying for her repose ...

Eternal Rest grant unto her, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.