Grandmother Loses Fingers Feeding Bear

I guess the sarcasm indicates that this source may not be objective or very professional, but it works for me. The woman is lucky that she didn’t lose her whole arm and maybe even her life.

"Grandmother Loses Fingers Feeding Bear

Tracy Weiler, a forty-seven-year-old grandmother, has lost her thumb and forefinger at Wisconsin’s Lincon Park Zoo on Friday. The woman apparently attempted to feed an Asiatic black bear. She also lost parts of her middle and ring finger.

Manitowoc, United States - The woman ignored safety signs because, according to Weiler, she wanted to impress her granddaughter by feeding the bear chips. We could safely assume that her granddaughter, only three, may not have been that thrilled.

Weiler’s boyfriend, Lawrence Bosworth, aged 51, was also bitten when attempting to release Weiler from the bear. The pair have both received rabies vaccines.
Zoo keepers of the two bears, Moe and Honey, are unsure of the bear involved in the incident.

The couple were apparently intoxicated, which might explain why the woman saw fit to thrust her hand towards a 250 pound bear with razor sharp teeth. Or maybe the signs reading “Stay away from fence" and “Do not feed animals” were too abstract and difficult to comprehend. "

Source: digitaljournal.com/article/288662

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:1, topic:189831"]
I guess the sarcasm indicates that this source may not be objective or very professional, but it works for me. The woman is lucky that she didn't lose her whole arm and maybe even her life.

"Grandmother Loses Fingers Feeding Bear

Tracy Weiler, a forty-seven-year-old grandmother, has lost her thumb and forefinger at Wisconsin’s Lincon Park Zoo on Friday. The woman apparently attempted to feed an Asiatic black bear. She also lost parts of her middle and ring finger.

Manitowoc, United States - The woman ignored safety signs because, according to Weiler, she wanted to impress her granddaughter by feeding the bear chips. We could safely assume that her granddaughter, only three, may not have been that thrilled.

Weiler’s boyfriend, Lawrence Bosworth, aged 51, was also bitten when attempting to release Weiler from the bear. The pair have both received rabies vaccines.
Zoo keepers of the two bears, Moe and Honey, are unsure of the bear involved in the incident.

The couple were apparently intoxicated, which might explain why the woman saw fit to thrust her hand towards a 250 pound bear with razor sharp teeth. Or maybe the signs reading “Stay away from fence" and "Do not feed animals" were too abstract and difficult to comprehend. "

Source: digitaljournal.com/article/288662

[/quote]

Leading candidates for the Darwin Award I say.

[quote="mjs1987, post:2, topic:189831"]

[/quote]

I agree. It's a bear. It's not "Baloo." It isn't your friend. It thinks you are food. Do not go anywhere near it.

[quote="mjs1987, post:2, topic:189831"]

[/quote]

No No No.:tsktsk:

The Darwin Awards go to those whose actions have removed themselves from the gene pool, due to death or castration. Now, had she stuck her head in, to have the bear lick ice cream off her head, and the bear took the whole head, THAT would qualify as a nomination for the Darwin Award.:coffeeread:

[quote="BVM_1221, post:4, topic:189831"]
No No No.:tsktsk:

The Darwin Awards go to those whose actions have removed themselves from the gene pool, due to death or castration. Now, had she stuck her head in, to have the bear lick ice cream off her head, and the bear took the whole head, THAT would qualify as a nomination for the Darwin Award.:coffeeread:

[/quote]

Is there a "dumb as a stick" award? :D

I'm guessing that MENSA membership isn't going to be showing up anytime soon.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.