Great and horrible temptation... Please pray!

My sister is a beloved daughter of Christ,
who is in her sixth year of being clean and sober.
She was baptized five years ago and in that time has been a powerful prayer partner and powerful force, working in a recovery home for women, and helping them, through the Mercy and God’s Grace, come free from the shackles of addiction.

This last little while, she shared with me in her words, “have been a great trial of darkness.”
She has been tempted over and over again to give it all up and use again. The evil one has put ideas in her head that would quickly ruin her.

This would be a nightmare. Most of the people we’ve known who went back to their addiction died from overdoses. Not to mention the strong force for good she has become. Once she turned the corner from addiction to adoration of Jesus, she never looked back.

I do not want to be frightened, but I am asking with all my heart to pray fervently for her.
Her name is Shelley.

Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ in antonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Oh Lord, my God, I call upon You, please show your power and mercy to Shelley and heal her from the addiction. I thanks my Lord. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Blessed Matt Talbot, pray for this woman, Shelley. Help her break free from the chains of her past addiction. Help her find true freedom in Christ as you did. Amen.

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray, and do thou, oh prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Praying very hard for your sister.

Praying for Shelley’s intentions.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend Shelley in the hour of conflict. Be her safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast Satan down into hell, and with him all the evil spirits who roam the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

O beautiful flower of Carmel,
Most fruitful Vine, splendor of Heaven.
Holy and singular
Who brought forth the Son of God,
Still ever remaining a pure virgin
Assist me in this necessity
O Star of the Sea,
Help and protect me!
Show me that Thou art my Mother.
O Mary, conceived without sin,
pray for us who have recourse to Thee!
Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands.
Amen.

God of mercy, we bless You in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who ministered to all who come to Him. Give Your strength to Shelley., Your servant, bound by the chains of addiction. Enfold her in Your love and restore her to the freedom of God’s children. Lord, look with compassion on all those who have lost their health and freedom. Restore to them the assurance of Your unfailing mercy, and strengthen them in the work of recovery. To those who care for them, grant patient understanding and a love that perseveres. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Venerable Matt Talbot, pray for us.

Shelley, I bless you with the special blessing of our Blessed Mother, may the power of the Holy Spirit come upon you.

Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow Your healing hand to heal Shelley. Touch her soul with Your compassion for others. Touch her heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch her mind with Your wisdom, that her mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach her to reach out to You in her need, and help her lead others to You by her example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring her health in body and spirit so that she may serve You with all her strength. Touch gently this life which You have created. Amen.

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray, and do thou, oh prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

O God, our Father, we thank you for waking us to see the light of this new day. Grant that we may waste none of it’s hours; soil none of its moments; neglect none of its opportunities; fail in none of its duties. And bring us to the evening time undefeated by any temptation, at peace with ourselves, and with you. This we ask for your love’s sake.

I will commend Shelley to Our Lady of Good Success in my daily novena to Her.

Continued prayers for your sister Shelley…
Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee, oh Virgin of Virgins, my mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petition but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.
:gopray:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend Shelley in the hour of conflict. Be her safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast Satan down into hell, and with him all the evil spirits who roam the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.