Great Apologetic Website

in case it has never been mentioned on this forum…this a great resource in defending the Church.

home.inreach.com/bstanley/index.htm

I looked through some of its articles and saw some good stuff…:thumbsup:

thank you i bookmark it.:smiley: V. Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
R. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen:)

Hey, Great site. Thanks for the link.

I’ve been talking with a friend about Purgatory recently and just by skimming through the site for a minute I found a great point the site makes that I never thought of before.

“Since the Gates of Heaven were closed from the time of Adam and Eve, and no one entered, John 3:13, where did all of the Biblical Prophets and heros go until the Gates were reopened at the Crucifixion? Surely they could not have been in hell, as that is permanent and no one leaves there. Moses and Elias appeared to Jesus before the Crucifixion, Matthew 17:3. From where did they come? Limbo? Sheol? Purgatory? There had to have been a third place, right? If there was a third place then, why not a third place now?”

My friend argues against Purgatory by saying only Heaven and Hell are mentioned in the Bible.

I’ll have to see how he responds to this:D

Thanks again.

This is one of my resources. Bob makes very good points.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.