Great News from Pope Francis...Daily Rosary!

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The Holy Father has decided to invite all the faithful, of all the world, to pray the Holy Rosary every day, during the entire Marian month of October, and thus to join in communion and in penitence, as the people of God, in asking the Holy Mother of God and Saint Michael Archangel to protect the Church from the devil, who always seeks to separate us from God and from each other… Full Vatican Text can be read HERE

This decision was promulgated on the Feast of Saints Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, Sept. 29 and includes the Pope’s invitation not only to pray the Roasry daily during October but also the Prayer to St. Michael and the ancient short prayer to Our Lady, known in Latin as the “Sub Tuum”; the first words of the prayer being “We fly to your protection, O Holy Mother of God.” We used to pray the Prayer to St. Michael after every Mass, hopefully this will again become a common practice in the Church. The “Sub Tuum” is a prayer I pray daily along with millions of Legion of Mary members. :slight_smile:

[We fly to Thy protection, O Holy Mother of God. Do not despise our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O Glorious and Blessed Virgin.]

With this request for intercession the Holy Father asks the faithful of all the world to pray that the Holy Mother of God place the Church beneath her protective mantle: to preserve her from the attachks by the devil, the great accuser, and at the same time to make her more aware of the faults, the errors and the abuses committed in the present and in the past, and committed to combating without any hesitation, so that evil may not prevail.

The Holy Father has also asked that the recitation of the Holy Rosary during the month of October conclude with the prayer written by Leo XIII:

PRAYER TO
SAINT MICHAEL
THE ARCHANGEL

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

May all hear and accept this invitation from Pope Francis, if we are not already praying the Rosary and asking the intercession of Mary and St. Michael the Archangel.

I wasn’t aware of this. Thanks for spreading the word.

To the six Members of CA who liked this thread, Thanks! Wouldn’t you like to add your own encouragement to the Family of God to seek Mary’s intercession and the help of Archangel Michael at this time of turbulence in the Church?

In Zenit this morning, I also read:

…Only prayer can defeat him. The Russian mystics and the great saints of all the traditions advised, in moments of spiritual turbulence, to shelter beneath the mantle of the Holy Mother of God …With this request for intercession the Holy Father asks the faithful of all the world to pray that the Holy Mother of God place the Church beneath her protective mantle: to preserve her from the attacks by the devil, the great accuser, and at the same time to make her more aware of the faults, the errors and the abuses committed in the present and in the past, and committed to combating without any hesitation, so that evil may not prevail.

Too many have neglected Mary our Mother, for too long, it seems to me. Some 30 years ago St. John Paul II warned us in is Address of Oct., 1982:

…Where the Mother is, there too is the Son. When one moves away from the Mother, sooner or later he ends up keeping distant from the Son as well. It is no wonder that today, in various sectors of secularised society, we note a widespread crisis of faith in God, preceded by a drop in devotion to the Virgin Mother.

Dear Gertabelle,

It is a joy for me to encourage all God’s children to love Him through Mary our Mother. It is a grace and I know it is only by His grace given me from my youth, especially after joing the Junior Legion of Mary, and consecrating myself totally to Jesus through Mary, by following the method in “True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin” by St. Louis de Montfort.

Thanks so much for your reply! :slight_smile:

We need now more than ever to pray for our church, ourselves and all humanity! We are going through tough times of doubt, where bishops are fighting against bishops, the sex scandals blowing all out in the church and the growing hate I have observed (even on this forum) directed towards Pope Francis, who in my opinion is very Christocentric and is filled with the Holy Spirit, challenging us to focus on the peripheries, to be a missionary church and not to stay in our comfort zones.
I will do my best to pray a rosary a day every day this month, and I hope our Mother Mary will protect us from Evil and Angel Michael will cast away Satan from the Church. May the Holy Spirit fill us all with a Spirit of discernment to know right from wrong, truth from lies, amidst all this confusion and pointing of fingers at others.
The truth will triumph and will be clear for all to see!
Mary Untier of Knots, intercede for us!

Dear Leferdion,

Thanks so much for your reply. The trials God is permitting – for nothing happens outside His Will – He permits only for good, as He tells us in Scripture (cf Romans 8:28). Personally, I believe God is cleansing the Temple of His Church and we need to continue to pray for grace to work with Him in cleansing the temple of our own hearts and pray not only for ourselves but for all those in most need of His Mercy – Clergy, Religious and Laity.

The Rosary enables us to ponder as Mary did all that Jesus said and did. We are reminded of His promise that He would not leave us orphans. The Holy Spirit has been sent by the Father and the Son to bring us into All Truth. May we listen to the Spirit dwelling within, and do the Truth we hear, speaking the Truth in Love, may we build up the The Body of Christ, His Church, in love.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the Hearts of your faithful, kindle in us the Fire of Your Love.
Jesus we trust in You!
Mary, Mother and Model for the Church pray for us.
St. Joseph, pray for us.
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.