Great news!

I realize that I have certain talents.
And I realized that in order to realize the potential of the talents one needs technical skill and to master the basics.

I think I could do a lot of things if I really master basics and develop technical skills.

Part of what hinders me from doing it now though is my mental suffering and problems.

Of course there is somewhat of a business element to things too. You have to know what people want and not just do what appeals to you.

[quote="TreeOfLife123, post:1, topic:289676"]
I realize that I have certain talents.
And I realized that in order to realize the potential of the talents one needs technical skill and to master the basics.

I think I could do a lot of things if I really master basics and develop technical skills.

Part of what hinders me from doing it now though is my mental suffering and problems.

Of course there is somewhat of a business element to things too. You have to know what people want and not just do what appeals to you.

[/quote]

Not sure what you are asking, but here goes. I have heard in many homilies that we should use our "talents, time, and treasure." I have come to question the talent part. Everyone has knowledge, skills, and abilities to some degree, but only a few have a knowledge, skill, and/or ability that is of unusually high quality, which is the definition of "talent". Since you have indicated a business element to your situation, you must consider whether your ability is of such an unusually high quality that it is marketable. Hope this helps. Good luck.

This is indeed great news. I know if you visited an Adoration Chapel and sat with Christ, He would lead you to insights of your suffering and problems.
On the business side, could you assist those who are suffering and have problems?
You are in my prayers.

I have been given insight already that I think is true and compatible with Scripture into my suffering.

I think that is one potential area I’d like to find work in: helping others who are suffering. I think I would be truly good at that. But I don’t know how i would handle working with all of that suffering in others all day. But I think it would be reward work that would make me feel better too.

That's a really brilliant idea and simple good way of putting it: to assist others who are suffering and have problems. I will consider this.

Is it possible to talk to a priest with the insights you have received in Scripture?

Shoshana writes: Is it possible to talk to a priest with the insights you have received in Scripture?>>

I will talk to a priest some day when I am ready.

I reached a further insight today. I think I learned of what would be even better for me.

I think it’s possible to learn all I need to learn without a priest, but I think you’re right that a priest could help too. I think talking to a priest would be important.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.