Great News!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! Guess what?!? I was speaking to our new RCIA director about a month ago and told him I was a Candidate (already baptized in another church) and all that and this and that…

You know, we had some new people join our Inquiry group so we again had to go around and introduce ourself and tell a little about ourselves, etc. When it was my turn, I told them that I realized the CC is the TRUE Church established by Jesus Christ and told them that it’s so awesome to realize how the 12 apostles and their teachings were passed down up until today…and other stuff. Just saying what I said and believed about it also helped our RCIA director too…

The RCIA director later told me that he KNEW that I was ready to be more committed (due to what I said!) and knew that there was no doubt I was ready to be moved up into the next phase! so he told me that he would try to get me a sponsor and the good news is…I wont have to wait until Easter Vigil to be recieved! And he’s real nice too because he told me that usually people who are Candidates would normally have to wait until the end of January to be recieved fully into the Church but he told me that he would try to “bump” that up a little!:smiley:

So the next week the group met and before we started, he told me he wanted to talk to me and told me that he talked to Father so and so and he said that was fine, and then…listen up!

I might be recieved fully into the Church the weekend of Jesus Christ the King the end of November THIS YEAR!!! How awesome is that??!??! Isn’t there a day that’s called that in November?

Anyway, that made my night!

[quote=Paris Blues]Hey guys! Guess what?!? I was speaking to our new RCIA director about a month ago and told him I was a Candidate (already baptized in another church) and all that and this and that…

You know, we had some new people join our Inquiry group so we again had to go around and introduce ourself and tell a little about ourselves, etc. When it was my turn, I told them that I realized the CC is the TRUE Church established by Jesus Christ and told them that it’s so awesome to realize how the 12 apostles and their teachings were passed down up until today…and other stuff. Just saying what I said and believed about it also helped our RCIA director too…

The RCIA director later told me that he KNEW that I was ready to be more committed (due to what I said!) and knew that there was no doubt I was ready to be moved up into the next phase! so he told me that he would try to get me a sponsor and the good news is…I wont have to wait until Easter Vigil to be recieved! And he’s real nice too because he told me that usually people who are Candidates would normally have to wait until the end of January to be recieved fully into the Church but he told me that he would try to “bump” that up a little!:smiley:

So the next week the group met and before we started, he told me he wanted to talk to me and told me that he talked to Father so and so and he said that was fine, and then…listen up!

I might be recieved fully into the Church the weekend of Jesus Christ the King the end of November THIS YEAR!!! How awesome is that??!??! Isn’t there a day that’s called that in November?

[/quote]

Big cyber-hug coming your way, Paris! But won’t you think about staying with the group until Easter? You have a lot to offer with the “stuff” you went through getting to this point.

[quote=mercygate]Big cyber-hug coming your way, Paris! But won’t you think about staying with the group until Easter? You have a lot to offer with the “stuff” you went through getting to this point.
[/quote]

YES!!! I WANT to see them take Communion too and be recieved! Yes, I told the director that I would still want to stay!

I thought Christ the King mass was in December. :confused:

**Great news!!! **

Congrats, Paris! Your enthusiasm is so delightfully refreshing for all of us. Develope a devotion that is true to yourself. Mine is the Eucharist and Our Blessed Mom.There are so many. The banquet table is long and diverse. I like St. Franscis of Assisi too. I call him “Frank”.

ciao

[quote=On my way]I thought Christ the King mass was in December. :confused:
[/quote]

No, it says it’s in November on my Catholic Calendar!:wink:

[quote=Paris Blues]Hey guys! Guess what?!?
[/quote]

Great news! :clapping:

Wonderful! I do agree with sticking with the Group - it builds friendships.

[quote=Paris Blues]No, it says it’s in November on my Catholic Calendar!:wink:
[/quote]

Yup you’re right just checked my calender. Must be because i’m :whacky: right now didn’t eat yet. :thumbsup:

[quote=Paris Blues]Hey guys! Guess what?!? I was speaking to our new RCIA director about a month ago and told him I was a Candidate (already baptized in another church) and all that and this and that…

[/quote]

Yes The Feast of Christ the King is the last Sunday of the Liturgical year. I’m saying this without looking . Somebody smack me if I’m wrong.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.