Great quote from Patricia Heaton (aka Debra Barone) on having kids

“I used to use birth control, but then once I started having kids, I thought, ‘I don’t want to stop this.’ Souls are eternal. A TV show may go on for nine years and then it’s over. I don’t think they’ll be watching reruns in heaven.”

:slight_smile:

aww good for her! She is one of the few pro-life celebs out there, I think her sister is a nun.

I love her. And I love her new show “The Middle”!

I really like her. I pray for her to return to the church.

She left the church? I didn’t know that.

Yes. I don’t think she would call it that. But what do you call it when you get a divorce and won’t look into getting an annulment then you get remarried and attend a different church where you get your children baptized? Sounds like leaving the church to me.

I know several people who have done that but still go to Catholic Church. I’m not saying it’s right, but we’re all sinners…even those who are Catholic, so I try not to think about their sin. Maybe she still is a Catholic.

Of course she is a Catholic but she attends a protestant church. She may go to a Catholic Church now and again. Like I said I like her but I pray for her to come back home.

Oh, I hadn’t realized she started attending a protestant church. Is she a member of a protestant church or does she just attend from time to time? I am a catholic but I often go to a protestant service because I enjoy the music. I still go to mass, though, too.

I think I read she considers herself Presbyterian now. The Catholic influence is obviously there, though. :slight_smile:

[quote="lovemyboys, post:10, topic:191910"]
I think I read she considers herself Presbyterian now. The Catholic influence is obviously there, though. :)

[/quote]

Yes, it's still there.

I agree. It’s still there. :slight_smile:

The last thing I read was she still considers herself a Catholic, and maybe she does attend mass now and again. You are correct though, she does attend a Presbyterian church with her family-yet does not consider herself Presbyterian. Of course, I don’t know all the facts but I do believe that she is a good, practicing Christian just trying to figure out where she belongs. :slight_smile: So, I too pray that she sees that she’s been in the right place all along. It is clear that she has a strong faith in God and hopefully that will carry her full circle back to the Church. :smiley:

closed #14

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.