Great Sermon on Salvation through Jesus Christ

This is the best sermon I have ever heard on regeneration. I highly recommend you take the time to listen to it. It is outstanding.

youtube.com/watch?v=UZ_26AE0G_8

I pray your life is blessed by it. :slight_smile:

I like the message of salvation given by Jesus:

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

"Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

"Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

"The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’ "Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

"They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
"He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

That guy preaches like a Baptist, AMEN !:thumbsup:

He is a Southern Baptist.

Wow! Sounds like faith AND works.

Listen to the sermon. It is clear that taking glory away from God in his work of salvation and giving it to a man is blasphemy.

Jesus did not teach works based salvation other than HIS works.

I like this message of salvation given by Jesus, too. Seems like you can’t get to Heaven with just “Faith Alone.”

Actually, it sounds like there is no theological exam required to enter heaven. :wink:

Actually, it would not be in my best interest to listen to a preacher who as we both know is only giving his fallible spin on Scriptures. What I am doing is reading the verses provided. And they are the words of our Lord Jesus Himself who is, of course, Infallible.

Hmm, but it sure sounded to me like there was a test made - those who worked for God to help construct His Kingdom verses those who refused to work for God and were either only lip-service believers looking to get a free-ride or those who just did not see “The Lord” in their fellow man’s sufferings and needs to offer them a drink from the well. :wink:

James

You are correct. We do, though, have to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, give shelter to the homeless, give drink to the thirsty, etc., etc. as Jesus said. The reason being is that we are all united to Christ. We are all part of His Mystical Body.

Additionally, if you really think the above Scripture verses through, you will see that they debunk the false Protestant dogma of once saved always saved (OSAS).

Well I got through the whole utube preaching video.

Now I feel verbally abused as I do anytime I take the time to try to listen to a Baptist minister’s “in your face” preaching style. It’s that constant droning pattern that starts off with a soft-voice then builds up to a screaming banshee of emotion then rapidly waterfalls down to a soft whisper and calm then repeats 20 or so more times for the duration of the “sermon”. It always makes me feel like a person who has been handcuffed into an emotional roller coaster ride with a redneck who wants to go around and around on the same track till the sun goes down. It’s also like being given a water-board like torture to deprogram and brainwash people into “believing” what the pastor wants us to believe. This style of preaching is manipulative and does not work well with anyone who does not like to be screamed at.

If we extract out the distraction of the manufactured and well practiced drama of the preacher’s oration style to listen to the message the early part of the video broke the mold for fundamentalist Christian salvation preaching. For a while there he actually sounded Catholic! Wow, what a concept - sin really matters even if one imagines they are already “saved” but is not living according to the gospel. They call it “regeneration” but he acts like its something all new. Yet Catholics have never forgotten this message and it looks like some Protestants are starting to realize the difference between a professed faith and actually living a faith as a new creature in Christ. But then soon enough the same old Protestant errors of “imputed” and forensic juridical/Pharisaical righteousness/justification raises its ugly heads later in the video. So close - but no cigar. Protestants just don’t “get it” that grace is infused from the inside out and is not a one time event that white washes the rotten old worm-eaten wooden fence.

What a waste of an hour of my life - I feel baited and switched. I was lead on to believe that this was a different message. I was even getting a tad nervous that some clever but off the reservation fundamentalist preacher was inventing a new secularized-Catholicism faith. It looked like the man was going to start teaching Catholicism with everything but a ministerial priesthood (secular priesthood). But he showed his true colors when he represented the same ol “forensic salvation”.

In retrospect, I am actually amazed that no one has tried to preach a secular Catholicism under the Protestant umbrella. They could make tons of money on fallen away Catholics who grow weary of the mega bible-church franchises but want somone to make them feel good about leaving the Catholic Church and to tell them its ok to divorce and remarry without getting an anullment or for any cause. :rolleyes:

James

I quess that you do not like anything protestant or should I say that you hate anything protestant Too bad ! You are missing the best that God has to offer

Sounds like they’ve discovered a substitute teacher version of theosis.

Congratulations, sir. You’re preaching on a subject that was made popular by Saint Athanasius of Alexandria in the 4th century.

:rolleyes:

“Baited and switched.” That says it all. It’s amazing they keep falling for it.

Error is still error. We Catholics certainly do not miss that.

And contrary to your statement, we Catholics have the very best God has to offer, Himself, everytime we receive Him, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Too bad you reject Him.

But we non-catholic do not have to take a daly or weekly dose of Jesus Christ. Paul said that Christ lived in him body, blood, soul and divinty as he does in all non-catholics.
In John 17 Jesus said speaking of non-catholics Christians "I in them and they in me. Christ continually dwells in our bodys and he feeds us of his flesh and blood.

But we non-catholic do not have to take a daly or weekly dose of Jesus Christ. Paul said that Christ lived in him body, blood, soul and divinty as he does in all non-catholics.
In John 17 Jesus said speaking of non-catholics Christians "I in them and they in me. Christ continually dwells in our bodys and he feeds us of his flesh and blood.

He feeds us with His Flesh and Blood in the Eucharist :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.