Greatest songs of the 90's

VH1 just did a viewer’s choice countdown of the Greatest Songs of the 90’s. And the winner is (drum roll please!) : “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana. What are your thoughts?

Well, if it is on VH1, is it not more of a video countdown than a music countdown? If we are talking STRICTLY secular music, excluding all Christian music, including the exclusion of all Christian music that crossed-over into the mainstream(ie. “Flood” by Jars of Clay,") and basing it strictly on it’s mainstream appeal, as opposed to what redeeming value it may have from a Christian perspective, then I would agree that without a doubt, “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana should be #1.

If, however, it was a VIDEO countdown, as it likely was, and under the same secular rules as I mentioned above, the best video of the 1990s, in my opinion, was “Buddy Holly” by Weezer, even though it included clips from either the 70s or 80s.

Huh?? :shrug:
Kathy

“Wicked Game” – Chris Isaak
"When I’m Back On My Feet Again" – Michael Bolton

Boooooo!!!

:banghead: (not in a good way)

“Tonight Tonight” - Smashing Pumpkins and “Even Flow” - Pearl Jam are among my faves.

These are my fav songs of the 90s. The early 90s gave us a lot of great music from many styles, but towards the end of the 90s the boy bands took over and ruined the music scene.

Smells.

I prefer Weird Al’s “Smells Like Nirvana” version actually.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.