Greek Archaeologist Says He Has Found Aristotle’s Tomb

ATHENS — A Greek archaeologist who has been leading a 20-year excavation in northern Greece said on Thursday that he believed he had unearthed the tomb of Aristotle.

In an address at a conference in Thessaloniki, Greece, commemorating the 2,400th anniversary of Aristotle’s birth, the archaeologist, Konstantinos Sismanidis, said he had “no proof but strong indications, as certain as one can be,” to support his claim.

The tomb was in a structure unearthed in the ancient village of Stagira, where Aristotle was born, about 40 miles east of Thessaloniki. According to Mr. Sismanidis, the structure was a monument erected in Aristotle’s honor after his death in 322 B.C.

nytimes.com/2016/05/27/world/europe/greece-aristotle-tomb.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

interesting! thanks for posting! he was born a long, long time ago.

If I remember correctly, Dante placed Aristotle to the Heavens in his Divine Comedy. I wonder, should we give Aristotle a Christian burial because of this? :smiley:

Big whoop.

I discovered Plato’s Diner years ago in college.

I’m not a fan of Aristotle, but philosophy do opens up the possibility to understand what we can never conceive before. A thought to understand.

Well, I’d think the Greek Orthodox would go berserk at that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.