green beer

did st patrick drink green beer?

Happy St. Patricks Day

[quote=Daniel Marsh]did st patrick drink green beer?

Happy St. Patricks Day
[/quote]

Of course, why would one ask?

By green do you mean not properly aged?
:smiley:

Happy St. Patricks Day
[/quote]

No. He drank Guinness!

St. Patrick is actually Scottish, so maybe he drank Belhaven 90, his parents were Romans though so maybe it was Peroni.

Since he was a bishop, we can be certain that he would have concecrated the bread and wine; which means that he drank the Body and Blood of Christ.

But you asked about beer. I don’t know if it was green but he probably drank beer since he had in his household a brewer:

"Saint Patrick, according to Senchus Mor, the book of the ancient laws of Ireland (438-441 AD), numbered among his household a brewer - a priest called Mescan."

**More here: **www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/beer/history_of_beer.htm

http://www.saintpatrickcentre.com/images/stpatrick2.jpg

Everyone have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow!

[quote=Mike_D30]St. Patrick is actually Scottish, so maybe he drank Belhaven 90, his parents were Romans though so maybe it was Peroni.
[/quote]

I was always told as a child that he was Welsh, oh well someone somewhere got it wrong.

Happy St. Pattys Day, and cheers to all!!

Be careful driving out there. Grab a cold one and stay home and watch basketball or something tomorrow night!

God Bless! :thumbsup:

[quote=Eden]Since he was a bishop, we can be certain that he would have concecrated the bread and wine; which means that he drank the Body and Blood of Christ.

But you asked about beer. I don’t know if it was green but he probably drank beer since he had in his household a brewer:

"Saint Patrick, according to Senchus Mor, the book of the ancient laws of Ireland (438-441 AD), numbered among his household a brewer - a priest called Mescan."

**More here: **www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/beer/history_of_beer.htm

http://www.saintpatrickcentre.com/images/stpatrick2.jpg
[/quote]

Now that’s my kinda saint! hic

In all seriousness all households would’ve had brewers because most people, even kids, didn’t drink water much and had beer instead for the most part.

Happy St. Patricks Day
[/quote]

Peace.

Already, in my office this morning when I asked people why they were not wearing green, I was told “I’m not Irish and I’m not Catholic.” I responded, jokingly (and I suppose with a hint of seriousness), “Well, no one is perfect.”

The woman who says “I am spiritual, but not religious” held up four fingers to say “pick a finger” (she was joking, but I am also sure she was reflecting her opinion of Catholicism) and the Baptist said “Let me pull up my pant legs” with more disgust than humor.

The JW told me “wearing green is stupid,” and then he added, “Does that offend you?” and I said “Yes, what you said does offend me.”

This is why I love Oklahoma! :frowning:

Peace.

[quote=Eireann]I was always told as a child that he was Welsh, oh well someone somewhere got it wrong.
[/quote]

The truth of the matter is that while everyone knows that he came from Bannavem Taburniae, no one actually knows where it was. Much like “Camelot”; everyone has their own theory and they present that as “fact” when it reality it’s just a guess.

Happy St. Patricks Day
[/quote]

I really don’t know…but would you like some?:smiley:
See Anne Burke

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_9_21.gif%between%

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.