Green Scapular

I was wondering if anyone has any experience they could share with the Green Scapular. Do any of you wear it regularly? Are they meant to be worn like a Brown Scapular? (If so, why do they never come with cords attached?) Thanks in advance… this is probably a very simple, child-like question. :blushing:

This website might help: greenscapular.com/

I have heard that it is not necessary to wear the green scapular, that it is sufficient to have it nearby the person who is using it (for example, on the pillow or bedside table of a sick person seeking Our Lady’s intercession). Perhaps that is why you have seen one with “no strings attached” (although I have seen green scapulars with cords).

Thank you. I will read over the website as I have time today. I have two little green scapular cloths in my jewelry box, given to me by a good friend, and I would like to see them used properly. God bless you!

“MrsHall”… The Green Scapular played a role (I’m certain) in my sisters recent return to the Church. My sister returned to the Church this past Easter, after 30+ years… away. Like my own return (after a 10 year absence) I attribute my sisters return to the intercession of Our Blessed Mother.

I had heard about the Green Scapular, and I obtained one… and placed it on a photograph of my sister. And I prayed the prayer “Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death. Amen”… for my sister. I did this, for several months… prior to her return. And continue to do so… for the perseverence in the faith… of my entire family.

I would recommend the Green Scapular, the Brown Scapular… and above all the Most Holy Rosary to everyone. Our Lady’s intercession is very, very powerful.

Hope this helps. God bless you. :slight_smile:

(A gentle reminder: Remember… NEVER to use these sacramentals in a superstitious way; all the credit and glory, goes to God. Scapulars, etc. are not “magical”).

I’m sure the link provided will educate you on the Green Scapular.

I used to make them myself. There was an organization (perhaps, in Pennsylvania) that would provide the materials. It was a simple construction - and I had so many boxed. I used to also give them away. Once or twice I heard of experiences from friends - in particular that of a friend’s father. I had sent her the Green Scapular, which she placed on him in the ambulance en route to hospital during heart attack (I think it had fallen off?? Can’t recall exact circumstance now). But she attributed his recovery to having placed the Scapular on him.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.