Gregorian Mass question

My wife and I have been doing Gregorian Masses for our relatives and friends who have died. We have the names in a jar and alternate picking names. We pray for them during our morning prayer time while we save up the money to pay for the Masses.

The last name we picked was my birth Father whom I had only me once as an adult. For unrelated reasons, we were on Ancestry and following some relationship hints, found that my birth father was married at least 7 times. There is documentation showing three marriages at the same time.

Is a Gregorian Mass for this man going to do any good, and if not, have we wasted our money?

Patrick
AMDG

1 Like

Fr. Larry Richards on EWTN radio said that our prayers are never wasted. They will help others who are in purgatory.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.