Grinch alert!

I wasn't sure where to put this one ... just ran across it today:

grinchalert.com/

Have you encountered a “Grinch” this Christmas season? Share your experiences here at GrinchAlert.com! Here, you can nominate businesses and organizations that shut-out expressions of Christmas in their interactions with the public via marketing, advertising and public relations. When companies use misplaced political correctness to halt the celebration of Christmas, they belong on the “Naughty List.”

We also want to know which companies are celebrating Christmas with excitement and meaning–especially those who keep Christ in Christmas where He belongs! Those companies and organizations will be placed on our “Nice List.” Help us preserve Christ this Christmas.

grinchalert.com/

Surprisingly, the "naughty" list is only two pages long, but the "nice" list has 12 pages :D

Well, I don't think they are keeping up with the submissions, because I submitted a "naughty" about a week ago and it hasn't shown up yet. Hallmark used to issue some nice religious ornaments in their collection, but over the last 5 years or so, they've pretty much eliminated all of those.

:mad:

[quote="TheRealJuliane, post:2, topic:223232"]
Well, I don't think they are keeping up with the submissions, because I submitted a "naughty" about a week ago and it hasn't shown up yet. Hallmark used to issue some nice religious ornaments in their collection, but over the last 5 years or so, they've pretty much eliminated all of those.

[/quote]

Well, that's too bad ... I was hoping this site would be a good, up-to-date reference. :(

FWIW, I found a nice one at my local Hallmark: a stained-glass gothic-type church window with a verse from Luke:

hallmark.com/online/in-stores/keepsake-ornaments/2010/ornament-detail/?id=mtfa_qx8363

They also had a few other angel and religious ones:

hallmark.com/online/in-stores/keepsake-ornaments/2010/memories-and-traditions/faith-and-angels.aspx?id=1040

No idea what a grinch is. Don't know anything about them.

I attempted to watch the grinch film but turned off quite early.

What is it?

[quote="Nelka, post:4, topic:223232"]
No idea what a grinch is. Don't know anything about them.

I attempted to watch the grinch film but turned off quite early.

What is it?

[/quote]

**You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel.**

Listen here or see the rest of the words.

www.christmaslibrary.ca/grinch/song.htm

Last week I wore a Santa hat to school because it was almost Christmas and one of the Assistant Principals told me to take it off since we weren't allowed to wear hats at school. First of all let me say that the reason we don't wear hats to school is so a bunch of kids don't form some sort of gang that wears a certain color of hat; I was wearing a santa hat. I am not in a santa gang. Secondly, there are plenty of kids in school who wear hats and break the dress code that go unnoticed, I think he was just being a Grinch. Also, there are way too many rules in school about the "holiday" party. I teach a preschool, and this is what happens every year. Okay, so I understand, if you are going to have a party that incorporated Hannuka, Christmas, and Kwanzaa all into one party, go ahead and call it a holiday party. But if you're going to have a party with a CHRISTMAS tree, CHRISTMAS decorations, and a Santa, I'm pretty sure it's safe to call it a CHRISTMAS PARTY!! Plus, why, when we are talking about Christmas in the preschool, can we only speak about the commercial side of Christmas?? When we talk about Hannuka to the children, we talk about Jewish traditions and why Jewish people celebrate Hannuka, but when we talk about Christmas, it's santa, presents, Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. What is up with that?! When I graduate high school, and then college, I'm going to teach at a Catholic school so I don't have to deal with this madness :p

P.S. Sorry if I spelled Hannuka wrong; I don't feel like spell checking; I'm too busy ranting haha

[quote="TheRealJuliane, post:2, topic:223232"]

[/quote]

I did as well, same nice list as last time. Our local Chrysler dealership had put a Nativity scene in the local paper, instead of an ad, with Christmas wishes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.