Group Rosary question.

Usually there is a group Rosary right after the daily 8am Mass in my parish which I attend. With God’s grace, I regularly make it to Mass every morning, but it can be really hard to stay awake especially if I had a tolling day at work the day before. Today when we were praying the group Rosary; I fell asleep, unintentionally. I started dozing off after deciding to just do mental prayer because I was too tired to participate verbally (I didn’t have any caffeine intake), then I woke up around the Hail Holy Queen. Anyway, lesson learned for me to pray verbally next time so I won’t be sleepy…

how-to-pray-the-rosary-everyday.com/group-rosary.html

“One who says his Rosary alone only gains the merit of that one Rosary. But if he says it together with others, he gains the merit of each Rosary. This is the law of public prayer.”

That being said, my question is do I still get the benefit of praying that Group Rosary and benefit from all the prayers of everybody who was praying it? (I plan to pray the Rosary again tonight together with my future spouse.)

Or was it a missed opportunity for me?

The Lord knows what to do. :slight_smile: After all, you worked hard the night before and made an attempt to be there for Mass and the rosary!

You’re fine.
My mother used to say that when I fell asleep praying the rosary my guardian angel gladly finished it for me.
Take that in the spirit it’s intended. NOT an official teaching, but a sign of devotion and the mercy of God.
God bless.

Agree. My Mother used to tell me the same thing.

What a pleasant thought!

You are fine. You went to Mass and you stayed for the Rosary even when you were extremely tired. God knows your intentions and what is in your heart.

St. Therese of Lisieux used to fall asleep, at times, during the Liturgy of the Hours.

I am paraphrasing, but she said that the Lord loves us just as much when we are asleep, as when we are awake.

Her childlike faith caused her to be aware of that!

You’ve received wonderful answers here. Be at peace!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.