Group says it gave hundreds of veterans free pot(post traumatic stress)

news.yahoo.com/group-says-gave-hundreds-veterans-free-pot-201343215.html

“We’re really here to help them with their medical conditions,” including post-traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury, the group’s founder, Roger Martin, himself a veteran, told KDVR-TV (bit.ly/1sfQhGK ). “There’s a wide variety of ailments. Anything that involves pain.”

a 2010 article…

Medical marijuana is going to be available at Veteran’s Affairs clinic in states where the drug is legal according to new federal guidelines.

some states are building facilties(Minnesota)…

The state’s medical marijuana law calls for two companies to grow marijuana and turn it into liquid and pill form. Each can have four locations to grow and sell their product, for a total of eight locations. The company would propose sites and negotiate with the state, according to experts

Read more: granitefallsnews.com/article/20140918/News/140919519#ixzz3E4MF7eZi

Does the federal goverment allow the VA to dispense in the 23 states who have passed medical marijuana laws?

I really don’t understand how SMOKING pot can be considered medicine…

The last I check, breathing in smoke (not matter what kind of smoke) isn’t good for you.

It’s like calling an abortion a “medical procedure” (it isn’t)

It can be infused into fat (butter, coconut oil, etc), made into a tincture, or vaporized. Smoking or vaporizing is the quickest way to get it into the system though which is important when it’s needed just to keep food down. Vaporizing may not even work for some purposes though since it’s mostly THC that you get with that method when many medicinal users are after the other cannabinoids.

I agree with you. How is this supposed to help them readjust to civiliian life? And get a job if their tour of duty is over? Smoking POT is NOT a good thing to have if you need a job.

There are much better ways to help treat PTSD…and marijuana is not one.

I know one reason the law was enacted was because there was a big fanfare about a little girl who indeed was suffering and in this case marijuana alleviated it but the family was going out of state for treatment. That is what helped bring the law into effect.

I will go with QUALIFIED MEDICAL OPINIONS. It sounds like it was helping this little girl, perhaps it could help some people with PTSD.

What I said pertains to the second posted link though, not the first.

granitefallsnews.com/article/20140918/News/140919519#ixzz3E4MF7eZi

Unless I’m getting the stories confused, I think the stuff the little girl is using is a special strain with almost no THC. Not exactly something that would have any street value, not even sure if it would get you high. Was she the one with severe epilepsy?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.