Growth of the "Arian Church"

Hi Everybody,
After doing a little research it has dawned on me that there is a growing (though at this point web-based only) Arain Church, that styles itself the “Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church” and claims to be a continuation of the teachings of a condemned heretic. Anyone wish to venture an opinion on that?
FYI: the Arian Creed denies the Divinity of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It even denies the Holy Trinity.

:coffeeread:

Yes, and St. Peter invented the internet, right? How else could this Church be “web-based only” and yet is also the “Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church”?

I wouldn’t give a second thought to such nonsense.

Here’s the Wikipedia article about this “Internet Church”:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arian_Catholicism

Growing membership indeed… their website shows a total of three names! Not bad, for being non-Trinitarians… :stuck_out_tongue:

Great scholarship, too: When devising an icon of “Saint Arius”, they found no better model than the Icon of Saint Spyridon, Bishop of Trimythous, one of the most vehement opponents of Arius. Go figure…

Here’s is the icon on the “Arian Catholic” website, with the note “St Arius of Alexandria, Presbyter and Martyr - Founder of Arianism”. They didn’t even bother to erase the name of Saint Spyridon from the icon!

http://www.holy-catholic.org/images/arius_icon.gif

More about Saint Spyridon:
orthodoxwiki.org/Spyridon_of_Trimythous

Gee if they add one more member this year they could brag about having a 33% growth rate… :smiley:

Hi
Is there anone belonging to this “Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church” here on this forum?
I would like to be get introduced to him.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics
The West, as I understand, due to certain disinformation has seen only MullahIslam or MullahShariah; the true face of Muhammad’sIslam and PromisedMessiahImamMahdi’sIslam is yet hidden from their eyes, which is truly speaking only peaceful.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.