GRRRRAAAHHHH! I can't stand it!

Sorry if I sound bold but I’m quite irritated! I TOTALLY CAN’T STAND IT when people ask nonsense-questions! I’m sure you guys know what I’m talking about! You know, they ask the kinds of questions to make it look like as if Jesus was evil, Mary was evil, this and that, and all this chaos! It drives me bananas and I get quite irritated and even furious! Like I said, I** can’t help but think the devil is on the way to have people post such rotten-fruit garbage!:mad:** Garbage that we know is not true!

Anyone else?

[quote=Paris Blues]Sorry if I sound bold but I’m quite irritated! I TOTALLY CAN’T STAND IT when people ask nonsense-questions! I’m sure you guys know what I’m talking about! You know, they ask the kinds of questions to make it look like as if Jesus was evil, Mary was evil, this and that, and all this chaos! It drives me bananas and I get quite irritated and even furious! Like I said, I** can’t help but think the devil is on the way to have people post such rotten-fruit garbage!:mad:** Garbage that we know is not true!

Anyone else?
[/quote]

If your patience is worn thin, perhaps it’s a good time to renew it with a mini-retreat before the Most Holy Sacrament.:yup:

[quote=DeFide]If your patience is worn thin, perhaps it’s a good time to renew it with a mini-retreat before the Most Holy Sacrament.:yup:
[/quote]

So I’m sure you love it when people just asking you nonsense about your religion, eh? Or even put false stuff, eh?

[quote=Paris Blues]So I’m sure you love it when people just asking you nonsense about your religion, eh? Or even put false stuff, eh?
[/quote]

People are wrong all the time, whether by their own fault or not. As hard as it is (and yes, I’m usually very angry at people who post lies like the one you’re talking about), we have to respond with charity. We cannot respond in anger the way people would expect us to. There was a saint (I forget which one) who said, “If there is nothing different about Catholics, why would anyone want to be one?”

[quote=Paris Blues]So I’m sure you love it when people just asking you nonsense about your religion, eh? Or even put false stuff, eh?
[/quote]

Love it? No. But just remember that someday they may be teaching the Catholic faith to someone else with the information you were able to patiently pass on to them. It happens all the time. It’s a great witness to your love for Christ when you accept torment because of Him.

Pray for those who persecute you (or those who try your patience). I’ll keep you in prayer, and maybe you can do the same for me.

It is frustrating and it can be hurtful. I was hurt just last night by two people who spouted untruths about the Catholic Church and the Catholic Faith. I am still amazed that I was able to answer them firmly yet with love and with calmness - I really believe it was the Holy Spirit and St Therese of the Child Jesus guiding me because what came out of my mouth was not what was running through my head :wink: . I think we must remember that the pain and frustration such attacks cause can unite us in our suffering with Christ. And those times we cannot remember and we lose our temper, we must acknowledge our sin and ask for forgiveness and go forward…one more time, one day at a time, with love and patience.

Simple, yes, but not easy :love: …but if it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

[quote=Paris Blues]Sorry if I sound bold but I’m quite irritated! I TOTALLY CAN’T STAND IT when people ask nonsense-questions! I’m sure you guys know what I’m talking about! You know, they ask the kinds of questions to make it look like as if Jesus was evil, Mary was evil, this and that, and all this chaos! It drives me bananas and I get quite irritated and even furious! Like I said, I** can’t help but think the devil is on the way to have people post such rotten-fruit garbage!:mad:** Garbage that we know is not true!

Anyone else?
[/quote]

*Yes, I know what you mean. There was an informative thread/discussion going in here yesterday, “Pope Benedict’s Right Hand Woman” and out of the clear blue sky a new poster, called Starlight, posted an outrageous insinuation about the Holy Father. All of a sudden I found my blood boiling. It caught everyone off-guard. :mad: :banghead: *
Geez, maybe I need a mini-retreat too.
Shannin

TRUTH is the key word here. If you stick to that you cannot go wrong.However, everyone has their own version of what truth is and may not always jive with yours. To thine own self be true.

It’s easy to preach to the Choir but it doesn’t accomplish much.

[quote=Paris Blues]Sorry if I sound bold but I’m quite irritated! I TOTALLY CAN’T STAND IT when people ask nonsense-questions!
[/quote]

That’s nice. :wave:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.