Guadalupe Beach Towel

I have a beach towel with a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe on it. Is it sacrilegious to use it at the beach? It’s not blessed or anything.

Wiping your breasts/bottom/feet with such an image?

I think you don’t have to ask such a question.

The transfer of the image to such clothes is totally disrespectful to say the least.
What if it were Lincoln or the President?

Good points, thanks for the answer.

“Wieland”… I agree with “Tobbias”. The image of Our Lady of Guadalupe should always be respected; She is the Mother of God… and does not belong on a beach towel. :nope: Whoever is marketing these towels, either has no respect for the Mother of God… or they are completely ignorant of what they’re doing.

You are obviously a caring person, “Wieland” and you suspected that the image shouldn’t be used in such a way. That is why you posted the question. God bless you, dear soul. :hug1:

Keep the towel as a beautiful image of Our Lady, but I would fold it and put it safely away… where no one will “use” it as a towel.

My :twocents: :slight_smile:

Keep the towel as a beautiful image of Our Lady, but I would fold it and put it safely away… where no one will “use” it as a towel.

:thumbsup: I agree, just keep it as an image :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.