Guardian Angel touched me

Hello, I had open heart surgery 6 months ago and had this very emotional experience during surgery. First let me start by saying I attended 12 years in Catholic school but truthfully drifted away from Church. My Father died from complications during the exact surgery I was about to have and I was extremely worried that when they stopped my heart I would not come back just like my Father. My good friend told me the day before she asked her guardian angel to watch over me during surgery and that she would be fine with out him. That is all she told me and quite frankly I didn’t pay much attention to it, as I was just plain scared about the surgery. I remember being brought into the surgical room and everyone talking and hearing them say what they were going to do and everything got very misty (like a very heavy fog) and I could hear people talking but could not feel anything. Standing directly to my left was a VERY tall, thin male figure, all black and he was wearing a suit and hat from the 1920’s, very distinctive looking. He just stood there with his hands crossed in front of him, I could not see his face, nor did he speak. I remember feeling very anxious and nervous and keep staring at him. I remember thinking oh great it’s the angel of death, so this is how you die. He didn’t move at all, but at one point he reached out with his right hand and touched my left arm. At that point the mist cleared and I felt an amazing sense of peace and happiness. I know I was in the presence of God and to this day it bring tears to my eyes just typing it. He continued to touch/hold my left arm and then he released it and put his arms back in front of him and I remember hearing my wifes voice and waking up. After my surgery my friend asked me if I had a mark on my left arm as she asked her guardian angel to leave a mark on it so I knew he was there. She did say her angel was a male and was tall. I just told her yes he was there and I saw him.
I never before had this experience but just wanted to see if anyone else ever experienced this, as I am very curious about this figure. My best friend’s wife who had a cardiac stoppage told me she saw the exact same figure and described his outfit perfect to me. She said she see’s this figure when she goes into defib and he stands at the foot of her bed.

That sounds special…to give you the peace and comfort you needed.

I enjoy the topic of angels, and just want to mention that they do not have bodies, but when and if they appear to people they take on the look of a body.

When my husband was dying at home hospice all of our eight children flew in and made it on time to be around his bed for a prayer meeting and short sharing of things they enjoyed with Dad. At that time he could not speak but was aware. We then played his favorite song “On Eagles Wings”, and everyone left who had to stay at motels.

After the funeral was over and the next morning some of us were in my kitchen having breakfast, I happened to look in my backyard and saw a huge flash of light that went on and off. When the light was on a deep feeling of peace flowed through my body and I didn’t stir or say anything to anybody until afterward when I wrote about it and sent everyone a copy.

He died of prostate to bone cancer and it took six years till his death. We had been praying for many years for him to return fully to the Church, and he did, a few months before his death.

My dad told me a story of when he was a kid and about to cross a city street that had a long, wide curve in it. The street didn’t get a lot of traffic but the cars that used it would drive very fast around the curve. He said he was about to step off the curb when he felt a very strong force hold him back and stop him. and right at that moment a car he hadn’t seen whizzed past.

I guess it was his guardian angel.

I’m sorry to hear that your husband died, I ‘liked’ the part about the flash in the garden.

Recently I had a phone call from someone who was distraught and within a moment or two of answering the phone I felt three distinct taps on my stomach. As I listened to the person I felt I should use my gut feelings while trying to help rather than logic and that actually helped a lot.

Yay you! I"m happy for you. :green_heart:

That is interesting! There are so many ways that the Lord uses our angels, or other angels to assist us.

Angel stories abound!

Hi, I wonder if you may be able to look at

Perhaps you might be able to help a little?

The Work Of Angels

In the meantime, the whole life of the Church benefits from the mysterious and powerful help of angels.

In her liturgy, the Church joins with the angels to adore the thrice-holy
God. She invokes their assistance (in the funeral liturgy’s In Paradisum
deducant te angeli … [“May the angels lead you into Paradise …”]).
Moreover, in the “Cherubic Hymn” of the Byzantine Liturgy, she
celebrates the memory of certain angels more particularly (St. Michael,
St. Gabriel, St. Raphael, and the guardian angels).

From its beginning until death, human life is surrounded by their watchful
care and intercession. “Beside each believer stands an angel as
protector and shepherd leading him to life.” Already here on earth the
Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men
united in God.

Catechism of the Catholic Church (2nd Ed., p. 87). Washington, DC: United States Catholic Conference. #334-336

Past Daily Thoughts: http://ymlp57.net/archive_gubbemsgjgu.php Website: www.thegraceofpentecost.com

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.