Guardian Angel

I was wondering…are Guardian Angels always with you at every moment or are they just watching you from Heaven?

And if they are assigned to you at conception, where are they when you are a fetus?

Just curious…

I know the Church probably hasn’t said anything official about this but we can always speculate.

My understanding is that they are with us (really present) from conception…(and this is the real surprise to me)…forever…even when/after we enter eternity…(in hope and trust in Christ Jesus)…into eternal bliss. My question is what happens if we go to the other place forever…hell. My assumption is that the Guardian angel has done all that can and could have been done and is “cut loose” and reassigned. All very human and earthly words to ponder a mystery…but we do know they are there and exist only to help us reach heaven.

Pax Christi

What you said does not seem to be Church teaching. We have no need for protectors once we are in Heaven with God.
The Church says they are with us until death.

CCC 336 From its beginning until death, human life is surrounded by their watchful care and intercession. “Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life.” Already here on earth the Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men united in God.

They don’t exist to help us get into heaven. They are granted us by God’s Grace and are always with us, but WE have to ASK them for their guidance and assistance. Remember the childs prayer:
Angel of God, my Guardian dear, to whom God’s love commits me here,
Ever this day be at my side to love and bless; to rule and guide.

I’ve never thought about them being assigned prior to baptism. Mmm.:confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.