Guidance...

I need some help finding my way.

I feel as if I am being told from every angle that I'm TOO passionate. That I'm TOO religious. That I'm too zealous. That I'm too... aggressive in my faith.

I don't know if they're right or not.

I need some prayers for wisdom. So I can sort out if I'm approaching my faith and how I express my faith to the world too aggressively.

Thank you!

I will be throwing myself at our Lord's feet this Friday and I am hoping that after a few days of prayer and consideration that I will reach some kind of clarity.

You are in my prayers.....

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

I’m not too clear on this situation so help me here, but why do these people say these things? do you pray alot and attend Mass frequently? do you talk Faith alot? but I would say that from how i understand this situation, you are on the right path. One can never be too religious, and “persecution” is only a sign that you are on the right path. if people are telling you to tone it down, then you must be praying alot and must have an ardent love for your Faith. Look at the life of St Faustina, she was abused by the sisters of her order because they were envious of her and thought she was “too religious”. And she became a saint! It is good that you make your Faith an important part of your life. I wish many more would do this. I have been told these things too but i just prayed for the people. God bless you

praying for you

[quote="padrepio_2012, post:3, topic:286936"]
I'm not too clear on this situation so help me here, but why do these people say these things? do you pray alot and attend Mass frequently? do you talk Faith alot? but I would say that from how i understand this situation, you are on the right path. One can never be too religious, and "persecution" is only a sign that you are on the right path. if people are telling you to tone it down, then you must be praying alot and must have an ardent love for your Faith. Look at the life of St Faustina, she was abused by the sisters of her order because they were envious of her and thought she was "too religious". And she became a saint! It is good that you make your Faith an important part of your life. I wish many more would do this. I have been told these things too but i just prayed for the people. God bless you

[/quote]

I am very vocal and open about my faith. On my facebook, in person and in every form of communication I am constantly centering myself on God and my beliefs. This is more for my benefit then anyone around me. It's easy to get distracted by this world so I like to vocally remind myself where I stand and what I believe.

Comments have ranged from I am forcing my beliefs on people (I feel as if I am just sharing what I believe but it seems like this isn't how I'm coming across?) to I'm offending people. I've been told I'm mean, opinionated and divisive. I honestly don't feel I am but I'm hearing this so much from so many different people that I have begun to doubt my own perception of things.

So I'm asking God for some much needed wisdom and guidance to sort this out and to figure out if I really am the problem or if they are having knee jerk reactions to anything religious.

As an aside, my family and friends all consist of cultural Christians (profess belief but are not active in their faith - demonstrably so) or atheists... so... I shouldn't be surprised. I just want to make sure I'm doing God's will here and not my own.

Lord, may Nicky not doubt herself. It is no wonder she is getting all kinds of criticism, her audience is comprised of mediocre Catholics. May she persevere in her faith and keep being zealous. She can never be too on fire with the Holy Spirit, she could only have false zeal, which I believe she does not have. She loves her faith and is called to evangelize, may she continue doing so. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Lord please guide Nicky in regard to what is actually two issues,
1) living the faith according to Your loving will,
2) and evangelizing.

We know that if others feel pressured, they can respond by turning away from faith instead of growing deeper in faith.

Please assist Nicky in knowing how to apply the words of Saint Francis of Assisi,
“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.”
Let Nicky's life lived according to Your holy Will be Your homily through Nicky's life.

“Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved, as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.”

Father, please bless nickbr38 and touch the hearts of those he meets, talks to and interacts with, May he continue to be a shining beacon of faith in You. Give him strength and courage so that the slings and arrows thrown at him will not discourage him. AMEN.

Remembering you in my daily prayers. God bless! :)

Then Nicky, it sounds like your doing the right thing. :D You are on the right path and the others harassing you are not. you need to show them the light, the Truth, and if they wont listen just pray for them. you have a very lively Faith not very many have. I pray for you and your family, friends, ect. Don't lose Faith, keep going in it. My dad used to harass me because i was Catholic, as did his whole side of the family. By God's grace i got out of it;) So i understand what you're going through. Keep fighting the good fight and God bless - Zach :signofcross:

Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.