Guidelines for Discerning a Vocation

blog.adw.org/2012/06/six-principles-of-discernment/

This is an interesting article I found. I hope some of you find it useful. :slight_smile:

That is an excellent article, thank you for posting it!

thanks for this! my teenager just asked me a question about this last night…very timely :slight_smile:

Thank you, this is most interesting article.
God bless you! :slight_smile:

By a Monsignor, POPE

how funny,

Thank you very much for posting this, I will print this out for sure.

I needed something like this to help me in my discernment along with some much needed books i have been keeping tabs on and meaning to purchase.

it explains alot, gives a lot of examples and for me being in a discernment I am seeing things a bit more clearly, not so fearful and have some personal tests to undergo before contacting a Vocational Director.

I have been fighting the secular world for so long, and trying to fit in and have felt like a failure for so long not being able to fit in, I am starting to understand why I feel this way, and perhaps I am getting closer to the point where I need to say okay, I am being called to a vocation and now is the time to act.

Thanks again for posting this, it is a valuable resource.

Thanks for posting the link I found it very helpful :slight_smile:
I also read through the comments and found a website discerning hearts by Fr Timothy Gallagher . Listening to an audio on discernment of spirits now!!:smiley:

Just thought I would post the link to the Discernment of Spirits series- I listened to the first rule it was great

discerninghearts.com/?page_id=1146

Thank you! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.