Gun control and the mentally ill

I just wanted to voice my thoughts on the title of this entry. It seems after reading so much about mentally ill people going on a shooting spree we are being all demonized as psychotic killers! I am Bipolar, and you don’t see me going postal! I am also the owner of a 12 gauge shotgun for home protection primarily. They are currently trying to inact stricter gun purchasing laws where the mentally ill are concerned! I am firmly against this because of our 2nd amendment rights to bear arms! Not all mentally ill people are totally out of there minds! I myself, am currently very stable on medication very normal! This is a classic case of discrimination just because of the sensationalized killing spree’s you read about! Granted these are sad events for the shooter and his victims God rest there souls! We live in a U.S. that constitutional changes are constantly being changed to suit the wants of the majority. I believe, we live in a society of we the government not we the people as th Constitution of the United States say’s.The govrnment acts without impunity or accountability for there actions.In closing,my prayers go out to all the mentally challenged people may God give them strength and courage to withstand the ridicule,discrimination and ill treatment by society. Amen

Dear Lord,
Please watch over the mentally ill. Please ease their suffering and help them all to take solace in You. Please help all members of society to treat all people, including the mentally ill, with respect, and to understand that not all mental illness is the same.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.