Gun Free School Zone FAILURE: No one hurt in college classroom shooting in Va

Fortunately NOBODY was hurt. But at what point do we admit that GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONES actually attract shooters? It appears that the media is not all over this one because nobody was hurt, but it clearly is an event that should cause some alarm.
[INDENT]*No one hurt in college classroom shooting in Va.

By NAFEESA SYEED, Associated Press Writer
Wed Dec 9, 3:05 am ET
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091209/ap_on_re_us/us_community_college_gunman_10/print;_ylt=AiIwYu83GKmR.8OcuX0ZZNtH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTBvajZzaTFyBHBvcwMxNQRzZWMDdG9wBHNsawNwcmludA--

WOODBRIDGE, Va. – In a scene reminiscent of other school shootings, a Northern Virginia Community College teacher spotted a weapon and ducked to avoid gunfire. Students ran from the classroom building while others barricaded themselves inside, piling desks in front of doors. This time, though, no one was hurt.

Police said Jason Michael Hamilton, 20, opened fire in a classroom Tuesday with a high-powered rifle, but did not hit anyone and surrendered peacefully in a hallway. He was later charged with attempted murder and discharging a firearm in a school zone and was being held without bond.

A neighbor described Hamilton as a loner who lived in his family's basement in an affluent new subdivision near the school in Woodbridge, about 25 miles south of Washington, D.C. Two police cars were outside his home and wouldn't let reporters close. Whether Hamilton had hired an attorney was not immediately clear; neither was a motive for the shooting.

. . . [/indent]

Wow thanks for posting this. The leftist MSM of course doesn't show this.. No blood, no good. Just another incident to show that GUNS ON CAMPUS should be LEGAL for concealed weapon permit holders.

My exams were tough too, but this fool needs to be put away for a long time.

[quote="melensdad, post:1, topic:179161"]
Fortunately NOBODY was hurt. But at what point do we admit that GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONES actually attract shooters? It appears that the media is not all over this one because nobody was hurt, but it clearly is an event that should cause some alarm.
[INDENT]No one hurt in college classroom shooting in Va.

By NAFEESA SYEED, Associated Press Writer
Wed Dec 9, 3:05 am ET
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091209/ap_on_re_us/us_community_college_gunman_10/print;_ylt=AiIwYu83GKmR.8OcuX0ZZNtH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTBvajZzaTFyBHBvcwMxNQRzZWMDdG9wBHNsawNwcmludA--

WOODBRIDGE, Va. – In a scene reminiscent of other school shootings, a Northern Virginia Community College teacher spotted a weapon and ducked to avoid gunfire. Students ran from the classroom building while others barricaded themselves inside, piling desks in front of doors. This time, though, no one was hurt.

Police said Jason Michael Hamilton, 20, opened fire in a classroom Tuesday with a high-powered rifle, but did not hit anyone and surrendered peacefully in a hallway. He was later charged with attempted murder and discharging a firearm in a school zone and was being held without bond.

A neighbor described Hamilton as a loner who lived in his family's basement in an affluent new subdivision near the school in Woodbridge, about 25 miles south of Washington, D.C. Two police cars were outside his home and wouldn't let reporters close. Whether Hamilton had hired an attorney was not immediately clear; neither was a motive for the shooting.

. . .
[/INDENT]

[/quote]

I can’t get the link to work bro.

[quote="stanmaxkolbe, post:3, topic:179161"]
I can’t get the link to work bro.

[/quote]

It appears to have been moved. Here it is again: news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091209/ap_on_re_us/us_community_college_gunman_10

Wow God was looking out for those students and teachers that day.

Yep keep them gun-free zones all they need is a guard dog. That’s at least what I’ve been told by people on these boards anyway.:rolleyes:

[quote="stanmaxkolbe, post:5, topic:179161"]

Yep keep them gun-free zones all they need is a guard dog. That’s at least what I’ve been told by people on these boards anyway.:rolleyes:

[/quote]

Because dogs stop bullets :confused:

Somehow I don't see my wife's dog stopping any bullets!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/1s.jpg

Of course that attracts shooters… they know that nobody will be able to stop them because they are all disarmed… and the shooter really wouldn’t mind whether or not he breaks a school rule or even a law when he is planning on randomly killing as many people as possible…

[quote="Janet1983, post:7, topic:179161"]
Of course that attracts shooters... they know that nobody will be able to stop them because they are all disarmed... and the shooter really wouldn't mind whether or not he breaks a school rule or even a law when he is planning on randomly killing as many people as possible...

[/quote]

How many people have ever gone on a shooting spree at a gun show?

Ever wonder why?

[quote="SamH, post:8, topic:179161"]
How many people have ever gone on a shooting spree at a gun show?

Ever wonder why?

[/quote]

Exactly... Gun-free zones are an invitation for those who want to find as many disarmed victims as possible. At a gun show you won't find those... they won't let a shooter victimize them...
Just like those silly buttons that declare its wearer is gun free... sounds more like "rob ME" though...

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.