Gunman arrested after killing two California deputies, injuring another

**A gunman who allegedly killed two sheriff’s deputies and wounded another officer and a bystander in the Sacramento County area has been arrested, a spokeswoman for the Placer County sheriff said Friday night.

Spokeswoman Dena Erwin said 34-year-old Marcelo Marquez, who also allegedly tried to carjack two vehicles, was taken alive Friday afternoon from a home in Auburn after an initial shooting hours earlier in a Sacramento commercial area. **

With all the news stories attacking cops I thought it proper to have one showing the selfless heroism that law enforcement exhibit everyday.

foxnews.com/us/2014/10/24/manhunt-underway-for-gunman-who-shot-3-california-sheriff-deputies-bystander/

Suspect in killing of Northern California deputies was previously deported, authorities say

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-suspect-in-northern-california-shooting-rampage-previously-deported-20141025-story.html

I am sure a lot of people are amazed that he was taken alive. Now he will get to spend the rest of his life in California.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.