Guy involved in Freemasonry, Royal Arch, and the loyal Orange Institution

Hi Friends,

I met this guy on a Christian dating website and we click on everything except the fact that he is involved in: Freemasonry, Royal Arch and the Loyal Orange Institution. He is a devout reformed Presbyterian. I have never heard of these groups before, what do you all think about this?

freemasonry = stay very far away.

Read these;

scripturecatholic.com/freemasonfaq.html

freemasoninformation.com/2009/05/the-catholic-church-and-freemasons/

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

The groups that you mentioned are all involved with Masonry. There are many different levels of involvement for Masons. Just talk to the guy and see if his beliefs are compatible with yours.

Both the Catholic and the Orthodox churches do not allow participation in freemasonry…

[quote="aborodki, post:1, topic:176477"]
Hi Friends,

I met this guy on a Christian dating website and we click on everything except the fact that he is involved in: Freemasonry, Royal Arch and the Loyal Orange Institution. He is a devout reformed Presbyterian. I have never heard of these groups before, what do you all think about this?

[/quote]

While I don't know anything about the Loyal Orange Institution, the Freemasons and Royal Arch are social fraternal groups; much like the Knights of Columbus only the TKC is a faith based fraternity.

John Salza was a Mason and is Catholic and has written a book about what he found out and why he had to get out of Masonry. Google his name with freemasonry and try to find the title of his book. I have heard him speak about it and he is very intelligent, articulate and specific…when it comes to sharing what he saw and heard with jis own eyes and ears while a mason. Good luck and God bless you!

The Loyal Orange Institution is a vehemently anti-Catholic Protestant organisation loyal to the British Crown and dedicated to the continuance of direct rule from Britain in Northern Ireland, hence the word “loyal”.

The word “orange” refers to King William III, Prince of Orange, who was responsible for victory at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690.

The Battle of the Boyne was won by William of Orange and it was the turning point in King James’ unsuccessful attempt to regain the crown and ultimately helped ensure the continuation of Protestant supremacy in Ireland.

It is organised on strict Masonic lines and is self governing. It probably comes under the ban directly, however most, if not all of its adult male members are also members of the Freemasonry, including the “Royal Arch”, banned by the Catholic Church and others.

Current list of those Faiths and Churches that have either banned or condemned Freemasonry:

The entire world of Islam
Celtic Christian Church
Roman Catholic Church
Synod Anglican Church of England
Synod Australian Anglican Church
Methodist Church of England
General Association of Regular Baptist Churches
Orthodox Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church of Ireland
Reformed Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church in America
Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland
Salvation Army
Wesleyan Methodist Church
Church of Scotland
Baptist Union of Scotland
Free Church of Scotland
Russian Orthodox Church
Assemblies of God
Church of the Nazarene
Evangelical Mennonite Church
Grace Brethren
Christian Reformed Church in America
Independent Fundamentalist Churches of America
The Evangelical Lutheran Synod
Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod

I hope this helps.

Upper level masonry is involved in the occult. You might look up "esoteric masonry."

The founders of the Golden Dawn were masons. The teacher of Dion Fortune was a mason.

[quote="OAO, post:9, topic:176477"]
Upper level masonry is involved in the occult. You might look up "esoteric masonry."

The founders of the Golden Dawn were masons. The teacher of Dion Fortune was a mason.

[/quote]

Never heard the term "upper level masonry". There are appendant bodies outside of mainstream masonry (blue lodge) which masons are allowed to belong to, but there is no "upper level masonry".

Groups such as the Shriners, Grotto, Royal Arch, are considered Appendant bodies of freemasonry where masons are permitted to join.

The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite is known as the “higher degrees” and its members consider them to be such. To have higher degrees you need lower degrees.

There are about 1.4 million Modern freemasons in the United States of America. 550,000, or around 30%, are also members of these “higher degrees”.

degree: stage in a scale, series or process; stage in intensity or amount (SOURCE: Oxford English Dictionary)

ALL senior or influential Moderns freemasons are members of these “higher degrees” but only 33 Moderns Freemasons, worldwide, are members of the highly secretive “Higher Orders”. These Higher Orders are above the 33rd degree, but not connected to it, or to the Master Mason. This is a matter of public record.

The whole point is NOT to allow the mass of Moderns freemasons into the secrets of the “higher degrees” and certainly not into the secrets of the “Higher Orders”.

See: mastermason.com/luxocculta/higher.htm

[quote="PeterClatworthy, post:11, topic:176477"]
The whole point is NOT to allow the mass of Moderns freemasons into the secrets of the "higher degrees" and certainly not into the secrets of the "Higher Orders".

[/quote]

Exactly. And Catholics shouldn't be supporting their organization, nor any sensible Christian. Masonry has ties to Rosicrucianism.

[quote="OAO, post:12, topic:176477"]
Exactly. And Catholics shouldn't be supporting their organization, nor any sensible Christian. Masonry has ties to Rosicrucianism.

[/quote]

EXACTLY. And this approach is beyond question. Neither should any religious Jew or Muslim.

Thank you guys. I told him I wasn't interested. I decided that since I have doubt about his affiliations, i should err on the side of caution. I am sure the Lord will take care of me and send me someone after my own heart.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.